Do you eat lunch?

That sounds delightful. We need to find one of those.
It's nice, and the food is home cooked. We always feel so welcome there, and it give us something to do out of the house every day. :) Either the salad or soup costs $4.xx, and I only order water to drink, so with tax and tip the cost is only $7.

He doesn't have a weight problem so he usually eats a big pasta dish or po'boy, with a soft drink. With tax and tip he ends up spending $13 usually.

I forgot to mention that I skip breakfast (other than coffee), and dinner is my main meal.

Most days lunch is breakfast. It's usually the largest meal and dinner is light.

I don't eat lunch as one defines it. I am on intermittent fasting and eat once after I get up (around 12:30 pm), and dinner (around 5:00 pm after 13 - 15 holes of golf). It requires high degree of discipline which I fail often. But it still does the job as I maintain a slim body after living with a beer belly for a long time.

Similar. Never eat lunch (just not hungry) and I fast one day / week.

I am lean and active, so need to eat three full meals + snacks each day in order to maintain my desired body weight. Whole foods, not low carb.

I'm all over the place when it comes to lunch and even dinners. I always have a 700 calorie breakfast though, so that is my one constant.

What does "all over the place" mean? Here are some lunch examples from the past week or so:

1. All-you-can-eat Indian buffet
2. Trail mix (peanuts, raisins, cashews, almonds, M&M's) during an 8 mile hike
3. Spinach salad with some black beans, tomatoes, corn
4. One-person pizza with salad
5. Ginger snaps
6. Bowl of Pho with added chicken chunks
7. Tex-mex leftovers

I am very active, so have no problem keeping BMI around 20.

At home, there is no chip drawer and no junk food.

Last edited:
I always eat lunch.

What I eat varies over time, but today was sardines, yogurt, some cheese, and a small apple.

That was after a two egg, cheese and bacon bits omelet for breakfast.

Lunch, breakfast, and dinner. I always ate all my meals. Even in college, I took the full meal plan and used all of them! I hate being hungry, it gives me headaches and makes me feel weak.

When working, I would have a mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack as well, usually a single slice of bread with peanut butter in the morning, and some vegetables in vinaigrette in the afternoon. I seem to not need these so much since retirement. Lunch is often soup, or some kind of grain salad (right now it's brown rice with vegetables and tuna, though I have no fear of white rice), or a sandwich, accompanied by some kind of fruit and a very small dessert (try to keep that under 125 calories, e.g. a couple of cookies, small piece of cake, etc).

I rely on portion control (and keeping certain foods, namely, ice cream and potato chips, out of the house!) I credit a regular intake of calories with a healthy weight and general feelings of well-being. Fasting or avoiding categories of food wouldn't work for me.

Lunch is our main meal. Yogurt for breakfast and oatmeal for dinner.

Love soup, and a sandwich for lunch, but apple/peanut butter, and crackers also works.

I eat two meals a day . Brunch which may be breakfast food or early lunch .We then have dinner around 6 . I also usually have a snack post gym either fruit or cheese.

If your midday meal is your main meal, it's actually dinner, not lunch. :rolleyes:
Unless it's your first meal of the day. Then it's breakfast. This gets complicated...

Last edited:
It depends where you grew up as in the Midwest the last meal of the day is supper:))

usually a protein drink to reduce carb intake but occasionally i like a couple of ritz crackers or a piece of multi grain bread with some low fat skippy p-butter. p-butter should be its own food group!

I like to eat at least 3x/day, so I definitely eat lunch. I often have a homemade salad with grilled chicken, shrimp, or salmon. I vary the salads by changing up the greens, protein, adding various veggies (peppers, cucumber, zucchini) or fruit and nuts (diced apple, sliced strawberries, blueberries and pecans, walnuts, almonds or pine nuts), and using different salad dressings. If I don’t have a salad, I have soup or a protein bar, shake or cookie. I eat lunch out 2-4x/week. I usually order a salad with protein, dressing on the side, or sashimi or ahi poke. Recently I’ve become a Chick-Fil-A fan if I’m out and want a quick but healthy meal. Their grilled chicken nuggets are delicious and with a fruit cup and Diet lemonade, it’s a very healthy meal.

My breakfast is typically light - protein shake, Greek yogurt, avocado half with salsa, or egg white omelette with turkey sausage. Dinner is typically our largest meal, consisting of a lean protein and a vegetable or two. If I snack at all, I usually have a piece of fresh fruit or a bit of protein (an ounce or two of grilled chicken, a hard boiled egg, or a small piece of cheese). Sometimes after dinner I’ll have a Healthy Choice Fudge Bar. Yum!

Now no breakfast - or just an apple and/or banana - but do have lunch. But we are transitioning to lunch as our main meal. Started this week.

So..what I've always wondered...and I'm sure some of you gastronomes have the answer...but exactly how did Dagwood EAT those sandwiches? :confused:

The same way you eat an elephant - one bite at a time.

Yabbut..try that with one of those sandwiches and the thing would fall apart.

So..what I've always wondered...and I'm sure some of you gastronomes have the answer...but exactly how did Dagwood EAT those sandwiches? :confused:

If I didn't have an overweight problem, I could easily eat one of those sandwiches every day and twice on Sundays. If it fell apart so that parts of it fell on my plate, well, that is why knives and forks were invented.:D

But, "if wishes were horses, beggars would ride" so I'll stick to my small Caesar side salad for lunch instead of a Dagwood sandwich.

Back
Top Bottom