16.5 million is owed to me

All my special offers get shuffled off to the junk folder to be erased every week.

The phone calls for the free credit increase get duly recorded on my dumb voicemail. "Press 1 now!"
Some how this one made it into the regular folder, not the junk. I saw FBI, I opened it, ran a windows defender full scan after I saw the contents.

I must be leading too boring a life. No one has ever sent me an E-mail telling me I could get many millions for little effort, and the last time I heard from a Nigerian prince it was via fax when I was working in the Fraud Section. (Yes, they even sent them to the police.)

And ever since we installed the call blocker on the telephone not even Rachael calls anymore.

Should tell them to bump up to $20 M, then you'll start to listen :D.

Someone thinks I already got the Nigerian prince to send me the money, as Aingi sent me an email detailing how lonely she is and how she needs to find a loving caring (rich?) man to take care of her.... and so on ... for a paragraph ...

How does the word get out :D

This reminded me of a TED talk by James Veitch titled "This is what happens when you reply to spam email" that is pretty funny.

Someone thinks I already got the Nigerian prince to send me the money, as Aingi sent me an email detailing how lonely she is and how she needs to find a loving caring (rich?) man to take care of her.... and so on ... for a paragraph ...

How does the word get out :D

Hahahahahaha.:LOL::LOL:

Well, nobody really believes we all got FIRED by being frugal and investing in index funds, do they?

Nigeria must be going broke with all the government's money being smuggled out of the country and given to us long lost relatives. :(

Not ALWAYS funny... Last week, a call from a neighbor in my CCRC. Her internet access was "blocked by a virus"... but not to worry, call "this" number to remove it...
She called me, because she couldn't understand the accent of the man at the other end of the line about how she should send the $100 for the antivirus service.
At age 90, she was a perfect target.
The kind of things we don't hear about, because of the embarrassment.

Not ALWAYS funny... Last week, a call from a neighbor in my CCRC. Her internet access was "blocked by a virus"... but not to worry, call "this" number to remove it...
She called me, because she couldn't understand the accent of the man at the other end of the line about how she should send the $100 for the antivirus service.
At age 90, she was a perfect target.
The kind of things we don't hear about, because of the embarrassment.

I have had these popup windows telling me "I have been blocked....." and to call some number to release it, while warning me not to turn off my PC (which would, of course, release the phony block). While they don't faze me, and I know I can reboot or go into Task Manager to shut down the browser(s), they can scare others who are not so savvy.

My dad called me a few weeks ago telling me he had this popup which blocked his internet and he was afraid to shut down his PC. He had enough savvy to not call the number of the scammer, and he had enough sense to call me for advice. I told him just to shut down and reboot his PC. He did and all was fine. He wasn't doing anything else on the PC at the time so there was no other possible unsaved work which was lost.

The next time I went to his house, a few weeks later, I ran an antivirus scan to make sure it hadn't left anything bad (it was clean). And I showed him how to use Task Manager to close his browser and avoid having to reboot. He is 86 and doesn't like being taught any new tricks, but he was okay with what I showed him. The problem hasn't reappeared.

I'm glad your neighbor wasn't swindled although it was a pretty close call.

Maybe these guys should hook up...

Subject: Nigerian Astronaut Wants To Come Home
Dr. Bakare Tunde
Astronautics Project Manager
National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA)
Plot 555
Misau Street
PMB 437
Garki, Abuja, FCT NIGERIA

Dear Mr. Sir,

REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE-STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL

I am Dr. Bakare Tunde, the cousin of Nigerian Astronaut, Air Force Major Abacha Tunde. He was the first African in space when he made a secret flight to the Salyut 6 space station in 1979. He was on a later Soviet spaceflight, Soyuz T-16Z to the secret Soviet military space station Salyut 8T in 1989. He was stranded there in 1990 when the Soviet Union was dissolved. His other Soviet crew members returned to earth on the Soyuz T-16Z, but his place was taken up by return cargo. There have been occasional Progrez supply flights to keep him going since that time. He is in good humor, but wants to come home.

In the 14-years since he has been on the station, he has accumulated flight pay and interest amounting to almost $ 15,000,000 American Dollars. This is held in a trust at the Lagos National Savings and Trust Association. If we can obtain access to this money, we can place a down payment with the Russian Space Authorities for a Soyuz return flight to bring him back to Earth. I am told this will cost $ 3,000,000 American Dollars. In order to access the his trust fund we need your assistance.

Consequently, my colleagues and I are willing to transfer the total amount to your account or subsequent disbursement, since we as civil servants are prohibited by the Code of Conduct Bureau (Civil Service Laws) from opening and/ or operating foreign accounts in our names.

Needless to say, the trust reposed on you at this juncture is enormous. In return, we have agreed to offer you 20 percent of the transferred sum, while 10 percent shall be set aside for incidental expenses (internal and external) between the parties in the course of the transaction. You will be mandated to remit the balance 70 percent to other accounts in due course.

Kindly expedite action as we are behind schedule to enable us include downpayment in this financial quarter.

Please acknowledge the receipt of this message via my direct number 234 (0) 9-234-2220 only.

Yours Sincerely, Dr. Bakare Tunde
Astronautics Project Manager
tip@nasrda.gov.ng

National Space Research and Development Agency |

Back
Top Bottom