2015 YTD investment performance thread

Up about 4.8% for the year, 0.5% for the month of July. July 1 rebalancing seems to have moved things in the right direction.;)

It's amazing so many posts with returns better than the S&P 500! :cool:

Yep. For a forum that seems to be 99% indexers, everyone is actually a closet market timer.

Yep. For a forum that seems to be 99% indexers, everyone is actually a closet market timer.

Or heavily concentrated in a few stocks/sectors that have out performed.

As a benchmark for yourself, check out Asset Builders portfolio performance thru June. These are DFA funds/portfolio results thru June 2015. I suspect the result at the end of July would be lower:
Model Portfolio Results - AssetBuilder Inc., Registered Investment Advisor

It would be interesting to see the composition of some of the higher performing ports from our members. I am holding a lot of cash, so am a terrible laggard.

I'm at +3.1% YTD. My AA is 60/40 so I use Vanguard Wellington as my benchmark. VWENX is +2.1% YTD so I'm feeling good about my performance so far.

I'm down about 2 % for the year. Guess I'm not as smart as most others here. Breaking even this year would be nice. ;)

At the end of July, up 3.9%. Of course 95% of all spreadsheets have an error...

8.43% YTD. Again, most of this is because I'm Canadian, and our dollar has been sinking in relation to the world, which makes my US & international funds (40% of portfolio) look like they're doing amazing in CAD.

I'm up 2.3% YTD as of July 31, which I think is roughly in line with most 60/40 benchmarks (S&P 500 at 3.3% and aggregate US bonds at 0.5%). I've let the overall AA drift to 66/34 and I've reduced the cash portion from 5% to 3%, both of which helped a little. My real estate allocation includes two rental houses that have outperformed almost every stock/bond ETF I own. On the negative side, international equity has done quite well, but my allocation is only 8%, and 50% of that is emerging, which is negative YTD, mainly due to China. I also hold a longer-duration investment-grade corporate bond ETF which is negative YTD. And, some tilt toward large-cap, high-dividend funds has underperformed the broader equity market.

I've got access to a stable value fund currently yielding 1.8%, which will likely replace the longer-duration bond holdings later this year. Maybe sooner. I'm also looking for a rebalance opportunity later this year, or early next, when hopefully bonds are down but stocks are still high. Other actions under consideration include working cash down further to about 2%, double the international allocation, and lessen the tilt toward US large-cap.

Still up 2.5% YTD at end of July which is better than I expected. It's been a boring slow year so far.

Preferred the term "short term trader." Majority of my gain of 2.75% was due to short term trades while waiting patiently for the market to skyrocket. Wheeeee .....

Or those with negative returns aren't posting :). Survivorship bias. I'm down about 2.5% :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

YEARGAIN%
2008-21.7
2014 numbers skewed a bit due to a withdrawal, but close enough...

Are most of you using vanguard advisors in selecting your funds ?

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Or those with negative returns aren't posting :). Survivorship bias. I'm down about 2.5% :)
Thanks for posting. We need more people like you to speak up.

If your YTD gain is hanging by a thread, the market decline of the last couple of days might have tipped it to the red. Fun time!

Another loser here, down 0.38%. Busy harvesting gold related tax losses, swapping into new gold positions. At least my spending is below my dividends (of course, I'm eating cat food??).

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

+2.3% YTD. All stock portfolio (US=65% , Foreign=34%, Cash 1%).

Back
Top Bottom