24 Hour Fitness Membership - Black Friday Special

Ballhawker

Dryer sheet aficionado
I took the plunge and bought a 1 year prepaid fitness membership this morning! It's a great deal this weekend with their black friday special.

My goal is to make it in there 6 days per week and do 2 or 3 classes per week.

I've now got the time, and this seems like a great way to help me get more physically (and mentally) fit.

I took the plunge and bought a 1 year prepaid fitness membership this morning! It's a great deal this weekend with their black friday special.

I've now got the time, and this seems like a great way to help me get more physically (and mentally) fit.

Great! :cool:

I hope you make it past January 15th unlike most people.

Ballhawker,
Best of luck meeting your goals. Don’t try to be too ambitious.
If you don’t meet your expectations, don’t get down or beat yourself up.
Keep us posted with your progress (to help keep you accountable).
All the best!

Thanks for posting about the deal. I've been getting the 2 yr membership through Costco up until last year when Costco and 24 Hr Fitness ended their relationship. This one year special for National access to all SuperSports is even better than what Costco had offered.

DW and I have been eyeing a free membership to the YMCA since we began Medicare in August through the SilverSneakers program. We just never get around to taking the first step. 🤨

I jumped on the special also - a fantastic deal. I've been a long-time member, but this deal basically halves my payment (albeit in one lump sum).

The signs throughout the club had some fine print about the deal being available only to new members, so I approached the front desk and got a chuckle when the guy said "sure, new members only but we can cancel your current membership and that way you'll be a new member". So he did the whole process on the spot.

I'm guessing they may be strapped for cash? Not sure why they would make it so easy for existing members to suddenly pay half...

How much was it?

I paid $750 up front to cover 3 years and then $49 per year for rest of my life. Includes all gym except Super Sport. I also get the $49 reimbursed from my insurance so it’s free.

This was back in 2002.

... ...

I'm guessing they may be strapped for cash? Not sure why they would make it so easy for existing members to suddenly pay half...

They're going thru bankrupcy...Filed about a year ago. Our local one (franchise:confused:) is not well maintained so we've joined another gym.

DW and I went to a fitness club on the mainland and also in Honolulu. We used Silver Script/Silver Sneakers whatever it's called for day-at-a-time entry. BOTH shut down forever during Covid. I decided then I'd never buy into a gym or, for that matter, any business requiring a membership. YMMV

How much was it?

I paid $750 up front to cover 3 years and then $49 per year for rest of my life. Includes all gym except Super Sport. I also get the $49 reimbursed from my insurance so it’s free.

This was back in 2002.

It was $220 plus tax, prepaid for a year of national membership, all clubs included. I was paying $38.52 per month before.

I bought the lifetime membership in 2003. $650 upfront, $29 a year. Still on that and go to the gym.

Back
Top Bottom