A successful Toyrun

Breedlove

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Today was our country ( Friends in Grimes County Toy run ) In the last two days we have received more then 5" of rain, rivers , creeks and ponds are all busting at the seams along with that 15mph wind with 44degree temps .
But, we get to the meeting point and there are about 30 cars and 20 motorcycles to take Christmas to needy families. This is a tradition in the country here people work on fund raisers all year to do this. Santa was a young Santa , he said this was his 19th year 71 years old . Santa rode with Mrs. Claus on a trike . You never know how well off you really are till you do one of these . Without going into great details we have lots of poor in our county . To see people cry and just want to hug you for bringing gifts and a turkey is rewarding . One home the young boys did not have beds , they slept on rugs in a mobile home that was rented and to me should be condemned . They now have beds.
But the one that really showed the feeling of Christmas was the final home we went to . Understand when we come in there are lots of gifts . The families are interviewed during the year to qualify and what they need . This was a woman U S army VET with a very pretty little girl . I would guess maybe 7 years old . When we get there this little girl starts chatting with a little girl from our group . Her mother asks do you know her , the little girl answers yes she rides the same school bus . We carry all the gifts in try so sing a Christmas carol say a prayer and start loading up to go . When the little girl says Santa do you have any more ? Of course Santa tells the little girl that's it , all for you and your mommy. The little girl goes to her pile of gifts find one with her name and gives it to her friend from her bus and says Merry Christmas ! This was really nice our county DA was on the Toy run and explained the mother is starting a new job Monday at Texas A&M .
We had one family that had a house burn out last summer we did not go to their house . The firemen had a few electricians working and it was not ready . But here we go again if you are not working we need your help to rebuild this home . It will cost 800.00 just for the electrical work to pass code .
The County DA told us if we continue work and pay for the house repairs the Sheriffs will take care of gifts . So again Christmas Eve we are putting this family back into their home. Sometimes you just have to love country living

Last edited:
Today was our country ( Friends in Grimes County Toy run ) In the last two days we have received more then 5" of rain rivers , creeks and ponds are all busting at the seams along with that 15mph wind with 44degree temps .
But, we get to the meeting point and there are about 30 cars and 20 motorcycles to take Christmas to needy families. This is a tradition in the country here people work on fund raisers all year to do this. Santa was a young Santa , he said this was his 19th year . Santa rode with Mrs. Claus on a trike . You never know how well of you really are till you do one of these . Without going into great details we have lots of poor in our county . To see people cry and just want to hug you for bringing gifts and a turkey is rewarding . One home the young boys did not have beds , they slept on rugs in a mobile home that was rented and to me should be condemned
But the one that really showed the feeling of Christmas was the final home we went to . Understand when we come in there are lots of gifts . The families are interviewed during the year to qualify and what they need . This was a woman U S army VET with a very pretty little girl . I would guess maybe 7 years old . When we get there this little girl starts chatting with a little girl from our group . Her mother asks do you know her , the little girl answers yes she rides the same school bus . We carry all the gifts in try so sing a Christmas carol say a prayer and start loading up to go . When the little girl says Santa do you have any more ? Of course Santa tells the little girl that's it all for you and your mommy. The little girl goes to her pile of gifts find one with her name and gives it to her friend from her bus and says Merry Christmas ! This was really nice our county DA was on the Toy run and explained the mother is starting a new job Monday at Texas A&M .
We had one family that had a house burn out last summer we did not go to their house . The firemen had a few electricians working and it was not ready . But here we go again if you are not working we need your help to rebuild this home . It will cost 800.00 just for the electrical work to pass code .
The County DA told us if we continue work and pay for the house repairs the Sheriffs will take care of gifts . So again Christmas Eve we are putting this family back into their home.

Sure would be nice if all the people bickering about politics and calling each other names would stop doing that and instead do what you and your neighbors are doing. They should step back and learn (or remember) kindness and sharing with others less fortunate than they are from watching you. Neighbors helping neighbors, not faceless people shouting at each other across the internet.

Lots of good volunteer work going on up that way! Keep up the effort. :)

We have a great many poor families in the Conroe area and a friend of mine works hard to do similar good work. This is all year round, but there is an abundance of giving resources down this way than in the Richards area.

Last edited:
Wonderful to see people helping others in need.

Thanks for that story!!

The little boys without beds touched me. I went without a bed for about 10 months, when I was out on my own for the first time and had nothing (except a job, and prospects, which your poor recipients probably don't have).

Anyway, I was just about making rent and basic expenses; couldn't afford furniture, so I slept on a mattress on the floor. Depressing, even for a young woman with no back issues yet. What a wonderful thing it was when someone took it on themselves to build me a simple, plywood platform bed - that would come apart to be moved - and set it up in my apartment. I moved that darn thing from apt to apt, until I got married and moved into my husband's bed :LOL:

Today was our country ( Friends in Grimes County Toy run ) In the last two days we have received more then 5" of rain, rivers , creeks and ponds are all busting at the seams along with that 15mph wind with 44degree temps .
But, we get to the meeting point and there are about 30 cars and 20 motorcycles to take Christmas to needy families. This is a tradition in the country here people work on fund raisers all year to do this. Santa was a young Santa , he said this was his 19th year 71 years old . Santa rode with Mrs. Claus on a trike . You never know how well off you really are till you do one of these . Without going into great details we have lots of poor in our county . To see people cry and just want to hug you for bringing gifts and a turkey is rewarding . One home the young boys did not have beds , they slept on rugs in a mobile home that was rented and to me should be condemned . They now have beds.
But the one that really showed the feeling of Christmas was the final home we went to . Understand when we come in there are lots of gifts . The families are interviewed during the year to qualify and what they need . This was a woman U S army VET with a very pretty little girl . I would guess maybe 7 years old . When we get there this little girl starts chatting with a little girl from our group . Her mother asks do you know her , the little girl answers yes she rides the same school bus . We carry all the gifts in try so sing a Christmas carol say a prayer and start loading up to go . When the little girl says Santa do you have any more ? Of course Santa tells the little girl that's it , all for you and your mommy. The little girl goes to her pile of gifts find one with her name and gives it to her friend from her bus and says Merry Christmas ! This was really nice our county DA was on the Toy run and explained the mother is starting a new job Monday at Texas A&M .
The County DA told us if we continue work and pay for the house repairs the Sheriffs will take care of gifts . So again Christmas Eve we are putting this family back into their home. Sometimes you just have to love country living

When I was a young single mom I slept on a mattress on the floor for a few years. My son had a bed and I honestly didn’t mind. I was young and glad I had a decent mattress. I had a roommate to make ends meet and shared a bedroom with my 2yo.

Back
Top Bottom