Abusive postings etc

Hey ER Friends,

It's been fun watching this debate for the past few days. I posted a while back in favor of reading *****'s posts--and my post was promptly accused of being a subterfuge. Not true, but so be it!

One of the traits some ERs have to be aware of is our irascible nature. I've often suspected that ER types like myself had to quit work because we became such poor SOBs at work. No doubt, some truth in that for many of us, I'll bet.

Over the past few days this thread has been read over 1,000 times--probably mostly by 'guests' like myself. Yet, the chorus of anti-***** posts have mostly come from three or four of you. No doubt, there is some merit to your grievances--but like another poster I don't care to know the history.

So, how about confining your off-topic anti-***** posts to this thread (where I can and will read them), and let the rest of us read and comment on *****'s posts without interruption? I'd really like to evaluate *****'s posts on their own merits. That way, you can keep ***** honest (assuming that's needed), while at the same time preserving the freedom this board thrives on.

It's worth a try! Thanks.

Guest, I have been following this thread with interest. In fact, I am personally responsible for at least 900 of those 1000 views. I believe ***** is the reincarnation of a Great Warrior, and together we may be able to defeat the Defenders of Conventional Methodoligies (DCMs). I suggest that the three of us flee this place and correspond via email.

What say you? Thanks!

Can't help the guys out with the kilts, sorry.

But I must say, I find the poncho trend very interesting. I personally would look horrible in a normal poncho because I'm short, but I found a really nifty capelet (aka a short poncho) pattern that would look so cute with just a simple, slim black top, snug black pants, and boots. It's just a touch sparkly and it's knitted in the round, so it should be pretty easy!

I found a really nifty capelet (aka a short poncho) pattern that would look so cute with just a simple, slim black top, snug black pants, and boots.
I like the direction this thread has taken. Fashion is so much more fun than paranoid posters and Guest smack-downs.

I usually wear shorts and an old t-shirt, but I think I'll try snug black pants and a slim black top. Maybe even let a little belly-button show. Hell, I'm an ER now, so it's not like somebody is going to fire me for showing a little belly-button, eh? I'm not sure I'm ready for kilts yet, though. One step at a time.

:)

I like the direction this thread has taken.   Fashion is so much more fun than paranoid posters and Guest smack-downs.

I usually wear shorts and an old t-shirt, but I think I'll try snug black pants and a slim black top.   Maybe even let a little belly-button show.   Hell, I'm an ER now, so it's not like somebody is going to fire me for showing a little belly-button, eh?   I'm not sure I'm ready for kilts yet, though.  One step at a time.

:)

Speaking of belly buttons, I can't believe I'm actually considering, as a reward for losing X number of pounds, getting my belly button pierced! I personally think it looks so cute, and I know I have the perfect belly button for it. I know BF will like it. But what do you guys think of that sort of thing?

Hmmmm, how to work your way up to wearing kilts? I dunno. I think guys in kilts look great, particularly if they have the legs for it. It takes a LOT of confidence to wear one of those, and confidence is way sexy!

I am staying kiltless also, and am only in favor of piercing
if it's being done to liberal hearts :) Otherwise, I don't find anything beyond maybe 2 in the ear (hey, that's a line from the Sopranos :) ) at all attractive. Same with tattoos. Except for hardcore
bikers and sailors, I think it smacks of trailer trash
(apologies to all mobile/manufactured housing
advocates).

John Galt

Hey ER Friends,

One of the traits some ERs have to be aware of is our irascible nature. I've often suspected that ER types like myself had to quit work because we became such poor SOBs at work. No doubt, some truth in that for many of us, I'll bet.

Guest,

I agree with your observation on the irascible nature of many ER types. I know in my case it is true. During the last few years of my working life I found myself increasingly irritated by my collegues and by management. Things that I previously could ignore seemed to really set me off. Thats why my screen name is Grumpy.

Grumpy

Well, "irascable" certainly fits me. And Grumpy, I could have been Grumpy if you had not preempted me.
As it is, my ENT guy thinks I am Sneezy, my ex. thinks I am Dopey, my wife thinks I am Sleepy, but no one thinks I am Bashful :)

John Galt

Drat! You made me go look up the last Dwarf (I already remembered Doc). Happy! :D I'm usually happy - especially since I'm FIREd.

arrete :D

Speaking of belly buttons, I can't believe I'm actually considering, as a reward for losing X number of pounds, getting my belly button pierced! I personally think it looks so cute, and I know I have the perfect belly button for it. I know BF will like it. But what do you guys think of that sort of thing?
Call me old-fashioned, but I'm not a big fan of self-mutilation as a fashion statement. Now, if the piercing had some utility value, I might be swayed. For example, a piercing that gave you a place to put your key-ring so you never lost your keys -- that would be something!

Hey Chocokitty, I think if you have earned the belly button ring, then you should get it done! I think it is very sexy on the right person. But please no nose, eyebrow, lip or uhmmm other parts...just ears and belly button ok? I did hear that it takes a long time to heal though.

Hey Kitty,

I say if a middle aged woman has a tummie she feels good about baring, go for the ring. It will draw attention and more guys will enjoy what I'm sure is a very hot tummie.

I'm with you-confidence is a turn-on.

Mikey

It's been fun watching this debate for the past few days. I posted a while back in favor of reading *****'s posts--and my post was promptly accused of being a subterfuge. Not true, but so be it!

I guess my first thought on seeing this was to go back to my original point about the problem with trolls being that they take away from the contributions supplied by registered users, and that your opinion would be better taken if you were one, had contributed and had therefore been victimized by this troll. Its easy to say "live and let live" when you have nothing on the line.

My second thought, in that same vein, is why someone would find the site so useful but not want to register and contribute...but would take the time to file a couple of posts in support of a proven troll...?

So pardon some of us for our skepticism, and apologies if you are actually a real person and not a bad facsimile.

Most of us have shown their belief that the past will repeat in our investments...peoples historic behavior is usually an even more reliable indicator of their future behavior. This trolls past behavior suggests that he will persist in volume and voracity until disruption occurs.

Its true that only a handful of people here are calling for a ban. If you look at the posting volumes, the people calling for a ban are also contributing a substantial majority of this sites content, and therefore have the most "on the line".

I'm willing to wear a bellybutton showing kilt supported only by piercings. Photographs will NOT be allowed though...

Hey all !

Yeah, this thread has taken a turn for the better !
CK: Go for the ring if you REALLY have the nice flat tummy for it. They are definitely sexy, but then I like nose rings and tongue rings too. What can I say, I'm Gen X ! Tatoos ? Like them too. The fad on cute girls with the lower back tatoo showing above the G-String, Mmmm, really like that.. !! FWIW, if you do any kind of body modification like this, just make sure it can be covered up discreetly....

-Pan-

Yeah its improved, but have you considered the conversation went from ***** to firing pieces of metal into your skin as a fairly natural progression?
:p

I'll tell you what.............if confidence is a turn-on,
then I should never have lacked for female
companionship. Come to think of it, I never did............ :)

John Galt

I'm with TH on this thing (kilts and the other matter.)

The problem at NFB was a lack of attention to kayacks and repeated responses to endless drivel.

It's probably too soon to say for sure, but so far it looks like dory36's approach was a wise one. Simply wait for this fire to burn itself out (with a little help from the local mob).

No matter what the outcome, I'd like to say thanks to dory36 for the board and for FIRECalc! Few of us can really appreciate the effort required to create something like this, keep it running, and then take on the added burden of arbitrating these periodic fights.

Kudos!

Oh, the things I fall behind on when I neglect to read the forums and go to Montana for a few days!

arrete, how lovely to see a mention of the Scottish Walk. The Campagna center was a favorite charity of my late sister; she won an award from them and they have named it after her.

John, you pierce MY heart with your heartless comments about liberals! Here in Montana everyone is driving massive SUV's and pickups with gun racks and Bush bumper stickers. I try to stay in my hotel room.

TH, I long to send you some Valium. I know it's awful, but truly, if you never post a response to him again (and if almost everyone joins you in that), he will post so much less. And what a lovely thing that would be!

BTW, I'm in Montana learning how to diagnose a psychopath. Might come in handy.

Cheers!
Anne, who can knit but finds socks difficult

I wish ignorance of the posts was a 100% effective solution. But as a group of people who have many years of experience with this troll have already stated, this will not solve the problem. Besides people having different levels of tolerance, new posters and people who are readers-only wont get it.

I had hoped having his own little corner of cyberspace would keep him out of other sandboxes, but since he's driven everyone else out of said sandbox, its become boring.

Sometimes people respond to a threat before it causes damage. Most of the time they decide to wait until the damage has been done and they must act.

I suspect that we as a group will look back on this moment at some time in the future and regret the inaction.

Back
Top Bottom