Adblockers not allowed on utube

I think Youtube and the Brave browser are in a war of escalation. Every time I get the adblocker warnings on Youtube there's a browser update from Brave within 24 hours that fixes it.

I think Youtube and the Brave browser are in a war of escalation. Every time I get the adblocker warnings on Youtube there's a browser update from Brave within 24 hours that fixes it.

That's good to know.

I'm on Team Brave :popcorn:.

The warnings have come back now for me after about 2-3 weeks of peace and quiet.
Same here. I'm down to one video left before I am blocked. I've gone back to watching videos in private mode (Firefox and Vivaldi). Only issue is I can't comment on or up-vote any videos since I'm not logged in under private mode. Oh well.

Same here. I'm down to one video left before I am blocked. I've gone back to watching videos in private mode (Firefox and Vivaldi). Only issue is I can't comment on or up-vote any videos since I'm not logged in under private mode. Oh well.

Thing is I've disabled Ublock Origin on youtube too. But I'm not going to remove. Not gonna happen.

I'm still using Firefox, but no longer have to use private mode to view videos. I found that simply deleting the youtube cookies made the warnings go away for a few weeks. They've just come back a week or so again.

But could it be that simple? Just delete the youtube cookies? Apparently so.

Of course you'll lose all your history unless you log into your account, but even then I still don't get the adblocker warnings. Go figure.

It seems adblock for youtube is playing cat and mouse with youtube- sometimes it works and sometimes not. When it doesn't, I just copy the link to the duckplayer. I haven't had any youtube warnings on that.

Well, I just slipped up and forgot to go into private mode with Firefox. I am now blocked from watching videos through my YouTube account. Funny thing, even though I can't see the videos, I can still submit a comments or up-votes. So, I can watch the videos in private mode, and submit comments/up-votes on my blocked account. Annoying, but workable.

Funny the prompt disappeared for me for a few weeks and is back now.

I have found that some of the content creators I follow on YouTube has started to publish their videos on X (twitter).

So I watch those there - without ads.

I use Firefox and even if I try to allow ads (ublock origin) it still blocks me. Have tried several things that don't seem to fix the problem.

Logging out of youtube fixed the issue but now cannot access my subscriptions. However, the upside to this is I can control the subject choices from youtube posts versus youtube throwing up what I have been watching in the past.

Without logging in can also watch on Private Window in FF. Also Chrome works fine.

I use a Mac with the Safari browser, primarily. I also use AdBlock. In the past couple weeks, YouTube has occasionally tossed up the message chastising me for using an ad blocker. But not every time I visit the site. When it pops up, I just refresh the screen and it goes away and doesn't come back for a few days. Then it pops up again. Annoying, but not the end of the world for me.

Back
Top Bottom