And you thought YOU had a bad flight experience...

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
Delta flight forced to turn around because of diarrhea incident

A Delta Air Lines flight from Atlanta to Barcelona on Friday night was forced to turn around after a passenger had diarrhea.

The Airbus A350 had set out on time on the evening of September 1 with 336 passengers on board, but was forced to turn around over central Virginia.

“It’s just a biohazard issue, we had a passenger who had diarrhea all the way through the airplane so they want us to come back to Atlanta,” a DL 194 pilot said to air traffic control.

The return flight must have seemed to run on for hours. :cool:

So that truly was a flight in a state of flux

I wonder how many passengers on that flight file law suits? If everyone does could it end up as a class action, where the entire flight becomes one big suer?

I wonder how many passengers on that flight file law suits? If everyone does could it end up as a class action, where the entire flight becomes one big suer?

Oh, pipe down, willya?

Doesn’t pass the sniff test.

Yeah, it could be a real mess. I guess it depends on what the lawyers trot out for evidence, especially if they get a stool pigeon from the plane staff.

You guys are now just speaking out of your ...

That sounds like a sh!tty flight.

(if you look on twitter there is a video of the plane after ppl got off)

I boarded a plane to Spain and tucked away of bar of Hershey.
Planning to eat it in spurts, I started get some hurts
And all it did was come out in squirts

I knew I should have booked my colonoscopy stateside instead of in Spain.

Must have been a real "s!!t storm" to have them turn around. I'm sure he/she was not the first...I mean they even have a travelers name for it, "Montezuma's revenge". Must have been really bad... Not exactly the moment of fame I'd want to be known for. :)

Last edited:
I never enjoy flights when the other passengers have crappy attitudes.

Any aviator knows several stories of someone on a long flight who may have requested a new helmet bag, like the F-18 pilot from my air wing on an 8-hour sortie Afghanistan in 2001. Explosive diarrhea is a thing, apparently.

Another time, on the aircraft carrier, we were all watching the plane roll up to the catapult. Lots of final checks being made before launch, when suddenly the door opens and one of the pilots runs out. The other 4 guys stayed inside. "Emergency! Emergency!" he yells. Then he ran off the side of the flight deck, down a ladder, and disappeared into the ship for several minutes. The dude just really had to poo! Eventually he returned, and flew off the front of the ship. Good thing he already had a well-established call sign!

Last edited:
In all seriousness, there are some serious conditions that could cause this. The one that comes to mind is C-diff.

People want to get home and the airlines are very punitive if you change a flight, so people get on planes sick.

If this was C-diff, everyone on that flight needs to be aware. Most people will resist it, but it could be a problem for the immune suppressed.

My dad had it in the hospital and he said there was no stopping it. It was explosive, constant and lengthy. He lost about 20% of his body weight during that episode.

Back
Top Bottom