Any Arizona snowbirds here?

FFC1964

Recycles dryer sheets
DH and I are considering an extended stay in AZ next winter.Phoenix area. We love pickleball, hiking, biking and want to make friends. Any recommendations for a community for us? Where is your favorite place? We would like to be within 45 minutes of an airport. We have been to AZ several times but usually in a resort in Scottsdale. We love Scottsdale but realize it may be a bit expensive for us. We are 58 and 61. Not sure about 55+ communities?

Thank you!

Sue

If you are looking for somewhere your dollar will go farther then on the west side of the metro area there is the original Sun City and some newer spin-offs.

We have friends that live in Sun City West and the sports/exercise/pool complex is pretty nice and it should be easy to meet people there.

Not a snowbird but you do need a book a place early!

I am afraid we might already be too late! It is a bit intimidating to book a place when I just am not sure where will be the best fit for us!

Sue

We don't know the Phoenix area, but we love Arizona!

Attachments

• IMG_1620FB.jpg
    IMG_1620FB.jpg
    696.5 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1960FB.jpg
    IMG_1960FB.jpg
    606.4 KB · Views: 51
  • NIK_5429FB.jpg
    NIK_5429FB.jpg
    575.9 KB · Views: 50
We've rented a condo a few times in Fountain Hills, north and east of Phoenix and Scottsdale. There is an active pickleball complex near the high school, and McDowell Mountain Regional Park is close by with a great network of mountain biking and hiking trails. The Lake Overlook Trail is a pleasant sunset hike up above the town and the lake. There are quite a few restaurants in town, and it's not a long trip into Scottsdale. The small town of Payson is a nice drive, with hiking in the the Tonto National Forest and the Mogollon Rim close by.

most of the snowbird parks in the valley cater to RVers...those with their own RV (like us) or those who rent/lease park models. i'm sure there must be complexes for those wanting to rent apartments or condos. two parks that we 've used are Sun Life and Mesa Spirit, both in Mesa. In our opinion the east valley is a bit less congested than the west side. Start booking now! Most places give current renters first option on booking for the the following year.

Last edited:
Check out Mountainbrook in Gold Canyon, Az. In the foothills of the Superstition Mountains. Lots of amenities. We snowbirded to Scottsdale for 17 years, but recently stayed with friends in Mountainbrook in Gold Canyon. I like it - more of a community feel than Scottsdale.

Yes they are but unfortunately for the O.P., none of those views are within 100 miles of central Phoenix!

Right. Grand Canyon, Page, and Sedona. We come out for the western landscape. Phoenix does not interest us.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom