Any good Refi deals going on?

When comparing rates, it's useful to use APRs rather than the "interest rate".

Only for fixed rate loans. APRs for ARMs are effectively meaningless and one should look at a combination of the initial rate and what the rate could be upon reset.

Only for fixed rate loans. APRs for ARMs are effectively meaningless and one should look at a combination of the initial rate and what the rate could be upon reset.
Right, I should have said that. With ARMs it's all about the caps, reset schedules, and how long you plan to keep the house--or at least the mortgage.

You know, I saw the same rates listed on the USAA page, but when I called they wanted crazy points to get to 3.8.

On a side note, how close are Credit Karma credit scores to the real deal? The USAA rep asked me my credit score and when I logged in to Credit Karma I realized I had under reported my score by 60 or so points.

Mine were pretty close. Credit Karma was a bit lower than my actual scores.

Cool, thanks for the info. I think I will call USAA again and see what the deal is.

I'm doing a refi of a 15yr @ 5.25 to a 10 yr @ 3.125 plus taking out 10K in cash to buy a new car next year. Had 9 years left on the 15 so no big deal. Monthly bill should go down about $280 from the previous.

We are re-financing--just have to sign those final papers when they ready. Our credit score was 13 points higher than shown on Credit Karma at the last update.

I check wholesale mortgage rates before I rate shop. Being a retail customer I expect a mark-up. Typically the best quotes have been around 0.625% above wholesale, which I am happy with. I always opt for no closing costs, no points, no pre-payment penalties, no escrow for taxes or insurance. Conforming loan, excellent credit, LTV <= 80%. Google will get you a site providing daily wholesale data on a variety of products.

T

I used mortagemarvel.com and found a few good prospects. Anyone heard of aimloan.com? Seems to be a direct broker?

I used mortagemarvel.com and found a few good prospects. Anyone heard of aimloan.com? Seems to be a direct broker?

If you look at the fatwallet finance forum they have a whole humongous thread on mortgages. Do a quick search and you will get an idea as to whether they are a mess or not.

Back
Top Bottom