Any laws you don't regret or think you should break?

We break the "off leash" law on occasion. Early/late in day...with no one around.

I would suggest "hosing down" my pups with pepper spray would not end well for the sprayer....just sayin.......
That's OK, I carry pepper spray for humans as a back up because they do get indignant.

Last edited:
Jack_Pine

I would suggest "hosing down" my pups with pepper spray would not end well for the sprayer....just sayin.......

brewer12345

If an off leash dog behaves and keeps their distance, all I will do is exhibit disapproval. Its the ones that close the distance at speed with the wrong body language that get a bead drawn on them.

I think he means he is carrying and will shoot you.

Any stories and hints for how to handle yourself if arrested? Surely we have a few children of the '60s here to give advice!

Well, I wasn't arrested for it but one day, in the 60's, I was driving "a bit faster than the signs suggested". Got pulled over and the nice policeman said to 20ish me "considering the speed you were going, I want to see your pilot's license". In retrospect, complying may not have been the best option.

ER did not change my law breaking or even rule breaking. There are still consequences if you get caught, and it's not worth it to me. Been there done that. I have relaxed some social graces and getting my haircut. All within my wife's tolerance levels. :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

I think he means he is carrying and will shoot you.

No, no. Let's not get carried away. I only meant some folks think they are the leash police. If a dog gets aggressive towards me or my dogs it may get spryed as well, as will 2 legged critters.

An off leash dog resulted in a disabling injury for my wife. Long story short.

An off leash dog resulted in a disabling injury for my wife. Long story short.

At our local state park we have a horse rental. Loose dogs on an adjoining trail caused a rider to be thrown and severly injured.

I pass cars without honking as is required by Ohio law. It would probably freak somebody out if you actually did it.

They put speed cameras up in a school zone by me. Guess what happened? About a zillion people got tickets. Imagine if they did that on the parkways? The entire parkway would get ticketed since everyone is over the limit. This is a cash cow for the government.

The entire parkway would get ticketed since everyone is over the limit. This is a cash cow for the government.

I hate them too. Judge jury and executioner and nobody can know if they are actually set to specs or simply used to trap people. When I lived in Utah the public outcry was so loud they actually removed them a few months after putting them up.

But people could take a tip from a football coach I saw on TV a few yrs ago. At apress conference after winning the big game someone asked what his game plan was. He said "Well, FIRST we wanted to --take the officials out of the game--" Not meaning to run into them eat the penalty but make them get carried out. He meant: Don't commit any penalties that will cost us the game.

One of my own personal "mottos" from childhood has been: Never let The Man get the goods on you.

At our local state park we have a horse rental. Loose dogs on an adjoining trail caused a rider to be thrown and severly injured.

Yep it was along the same lines

Not too sure that this is breaking a law, but I certainly hope so. I seem to get a mild enjoyment out of saving a few unsolicited offers in the mail from the different sordid credit card companies. When I have enough, and making sure that my name/identity is not on any paperwork, I will take the offers from one company and put them in another companies prepaid envelopes and mail them...

Not too sure that this is breaking a law, but I certainly hope so. I seem to get a mild enjoyment out of saving a few unsolicited offers in the mail from the different sordid credit card companies. When I have enough, and making sure that my name/identity is not on any paperwork, I will take the offers from one company and put them in another companies prepaid envelopes and mail them...
I can't believe it, I thought I was the only person who did that.

Send them coupons from the weekly ad mailer...that's what I did to fatten up the return envelopes. :LOL:

Too clever! And just think - it helps the USPS to boot!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

I would LOVE to clear my conscious of all the liberties I've taken with local, state and federal laws. But with big-brother monitoring our every key stroke ... I choose not to.

;)

I walk the dogs "off-leash" at the city park every morning. I'm there before anyone else is awake. The dogs are well-behaved and bother no one. The police who patrol the park know about me; the police chief and mayor were laughing about it once; the city manager asked me to help design a dog park for the city; the parks director told me to let my dogs scare the geese back into the lake a few years ago (they were damaging the shoreline). There are a couple of other dog owners who do the same thing. One owner has the dog leash attached, but doesn't hang onto it!

A 50lb off leash dog attacked my 7lb puppy while being held by a 76 yr old grandmother, nearly knocking over the grandmother while biting the puppy and putting the pup in a doggie hospital for 4 weeks and running up a $1000 vet bill. This HAD to be reported according to Ca. law and the owner was fined, had to put up a dangerious dog sign and was told the dog would be euthanized if he attacked anyone in the future. So, if you have a nice dog that won't hurt anyone and can't be hurt by another dog, OK.....but we need the leash laws......and, I experienced the reason why.

A 50lb off leash dog attacked my 7lb puppy while being held by a 76 yr old grandmother, nearly knocking over the grandmother while biting the puppy and putting the pup in a doggie hospital for 4 weeks and running up a $1000 vet bill. This HAD to be reported according to Ca. law and the owner was fined, had to put up a dangerious dog sign and was told the dog would be euthanized if he attacked anyone in the future. So, if you have a nice dog that won't hurt anyone and can't be hurt by another dog, OK.....but we need the leash laws......and, I experienced the reason why.

Sorry for your experience. Hope your pup is doing ok.

I carried a knife though airport security, oh, wait no I didn't break the law as they caught me!
A fold up swiss army pocket knife of all the dastardly deeds. I had missed that pocket in my winter coat when emptying my pockets at the car.
Had to check the knife in a bag (or lose it).
Was free checking of for me, but pretty silly as I've flown 100's of times since 911 and didn't hijack anything.

Had the exact hing happen. It was a bad a?? knife I had at the cabin and forgot about. They had a good laugh along with me. Have to admit it looked nasty on the xray machine......:dance:

I hope the owner of the unleashed dog paid the vet bill? I hope the fine was at least 3 figures and the dog should have been put down immediately not after the NEXT time it seriously injures another dog or human.

Home remodeling without permits. So shoot me!
Otherwise I am an upstanding citizen.

It should be legal to use a rocket launcher against those that litter.

Regarding off leash dogs -- this is a problem for us as they are usually not well behaved and come running over to our dog. Even if they are friendly, they get our dog excited and she can keel over due to a heart condition. Generally I shoo the other dog away but I always have to be watching out.

If an off leash dog behaves and keeps their distance, all I will do is exhibit disapproval. Its the ones that close the distance at speed with the wrong body language that get a bead drawn on them.
YESSIR! Here at the beach the signs clearly say dogs on leash at all times. However morons routinely work their dogs in the surf and on the sand. Kids and little ole ladies often get mowed down. Somebody calls 911 the injured party gets a trip to the ER and a bill for $2,500. There ought to be a law - no wait there is a law - just zero enforcement :mad: Its not the dog its the dumass owner.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom