Anyone have a Really big LCD TV?

^ Nice setup. As dumb as it sounds, I would make the recess bigger than the tv you intend to get. I've had to redo my wall twice to accommodate new tv's. It would be rare to find a new tv that fits the recess from the former tv. Aspect ratios change, screen size changes, etc over time.

Next time I will make it as large as I can without compromising on structural integrity. 75" seems to be the going contender. I do not like gaps around the TV though. I also like a picture trim round the hole so if one does not want a TV they can put a picture or mirror up and it would look quite normal.

No issues with air circulation/heat generation from the TV with it mounted in the recess like that I take it?

I installed a video back light system. It turns the wall behind the TV into what seems like an expansion of the picture on the screen by taking what ever color is on the edge of the picture and illuminating LEDs mounted on the back of the TV in that same shade. It can also be set up to work on audio, when you are just listening to music for example. Works with Alexa or Google as well for just turning on mood lighting. It really is quite spectacular to watch. For demo, search youtube. Here's sample photos;

61zOeliUvPL._SL1200_.jpg

51FhPWzAl1L.jpg

Last edited:
No issues with air circulation/heat generation from the TV with it mounted in the recess like that I take it?

Not after 11 years, so no. Even with the fire on (Flue front edge is 15" behind TV), which is not often as we live in Florida.

Check out www.rtings.com/tv. Engineers will love the site. In depth evaluations and comparisons of new tv's.

That site is a great resource. We used it to select our Samsung 65" 4K several years ago which was one of the higher end models. We also utilize a separate sound system which is awesome.

Back
Top Bottom