Apache Junction AZ

Rksolid

Dryer sheet aficionado
By chance does any body live in or know somebody that live at Lost Dutchman Resort in Apache Junction. Looking into a few homes at this resort, looking for feedback about the resort.

By chance does any body live in or know somebody that live at Lost Dutchman Resort in Apache Junction. Looking into a few homes at this resort, looking for feedback about the resort.

At a family reunion this July my wife's aunt and uncle were going on-and-on about this fabulous retirement community they lived in at Apache Junction, AZ. Their enthusiasm was incredible, I mean it was contagious; they were better than salespeople. Figuring they were new to the place and still getting acclimated I asked the question, "Did you just move in?" Turns out they'd been there seven years! (They live in Wisconsin May through September and in Arizona October through April.)

But to answer your question, I don't know if they live in Lost Dutchman Resort or not. I'll have to see if I can get their address and determine it from there.

One thing they warned about was a lot of the retirement communities in Apache Junction had lots that were leased, and not owned by the residents. This has led to a lot of displacement of people because the company that owns the land has been selling the lots en masse to big developers.

DW's parents snowbirded to the Lost Dutchman RV Resort in AJ for over 25 years (until FIL passed last September). They obviously loved it! They also had several relatives winter there as well including now the next generation. The park was sold a few years ago after being family owned and several changes have been made (less office staff, dogs allowed in all units, not just doggie row). Most of the retirees are from the upper Midwest. They offer many activities for the residents which my in laws really enjoyed. FIL learned how to make stained glass. People seem to be very friendly. The neighbors looked after my 90+ year old FIL after MIL passed a few years ago. Most people come in late fall and leave in April although there are some full-time residents. Let me know if you need more information and I can put you into contact with one of the relatives who still has a trailer there.

Back
Top Bottom