At age 80?

I'll be 67 in a few weeks. Most people say I look around 55. (Mom is 90, sharp as a tack, lives alone, drives and is told she looks 75--and she really does).

I see people who are 80 and say "Man, I have to tumble down a whole lot to look like that in 13 years!"

But there are some days where I feel my age, or older and others where I feel 40. I wonder if the 'feeling old days' just get more and more frequent?

Sometimes I am horrified to learn that what I thought was a tumbledown old woman or man, was actually born in the 1960's. You never know how much of it is genes, bad luck, and how much is "letting yourself go....since the age of 20."

I see people who are 80 and say "Man, I have to tumble down a whole lot to look like that in 13 years!"

Sometimes I am horrified to learn that what I thought was a tumbledown old woman or man, was actually born in the 1960's. You never know how much of it is genes, bad luck, and how much is "letting yourself go....since the age of 20."

I know. Sometimes DW will see someone and say "He's YOUR age??"

I know. Sometimes DW will see someone and say "He's YOUR age??"

I thought I looked young, but when together with the DGF who is 58 but looks 40ish, I then look older. :D

OP--thank you for your post, you and jeanie are indeed lucky, still together enjoying retirement and have a loving family.
I anticipate/hope for the same when I am 80+.

Getting closer to being a cyborg.

Cheers!

I'll be 67 in a few weeks. Most people say I look around 55. (Mom is 90, sharp as a tack, lives alone, drives and is told she looks 75--and she really does).

DM who has dementia brought on by Alzheimer's tells everyone she is 71 when she is actually 81. People buy it b/c she looks 71. It is sadly funny.

Earlier in this thread, I posted that at age 80, I wish I don't have dementia. If I look and believe I am 71 when I am 80, dementia may not be that bad.

Getting old sucks no matter how I look at it.

Yeah but but in ER years at belly button 80 I will only be 30.

So there.

heh heh heh - :cool:

DM who has dementia brought on by Alzheimer's tells everyone she is 71 when she is actually 81. People buy it b/c she looks 71. It is sadly funny.

Earlier in this thread, I posted that at age 80, I wish I don't have dementia. If I look and believe I am 71 when I am 80, dementia may not be that bad.

Getting old sucks no matter how I look at it.

I sometimes wonder if the 75 year old guy who just drops without any warning whatsoever is the lucky one. Bang, lights out, over and done with.

Hopefully not lamenting over how wonderful 70 was.

I couldn't picture myself at age 80 (I'm 74 now), so I found a website that would show me how I would look in 6 years. Cost me $2500, but worth every penny.

OMG - I just had years added to my life and life added to my years. Thank you for that. :bow::bow:

With any luck like two of my grandparents, active, mentally sharp and traveling, with just a bit more physical frailty than now.

I expect that if i'm not gone naturally by 80 then i'll take matters into my own hands. I expect pain and quality of life to be not worth it by then. I envy those who are able to live relatively pain free and independent lives into their 80's. Many(most?) are not so fortunate.

There's one (elder-related issues) researcher out there who has stated he'll essentially pursue only palliative care after age 75.

No surgeries, no pills (statins, etc.) for him after that age.

Wonder how firm his resolve will remain?

I just had a preview. I was taking an anti-anxiety drug that made my brain feel 80, according to DW who said the drugs made be behave like an old fart.

OMG - I just had years added to my life and life added to my years. Thank you for that. :bow::bow:

The picture reminded me of a niece... , so I couldn't resist...Lee Dianne... a loong time ago, so I looked up one of my scrap books and found this newspaper pic of Lee Dianne on her engagement announcement... It had to have been 1972. Let's see... she was about 22, that would make her almost 70 today. How time flies.

Attachments

• Lee Ann.jpg
    Lee Ann.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom