ATT Uverse customer for 10 years

Rianne

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I'm trying to understand the cutting cable post. Here's what we pay for ATT Uverse bundle package. The bundle keeps it cheap? Maybe.

-U300 - has all the sports, Big 10, tennis channels, news etc channels + Showtime and Starz (love the series on those).

-Three TV's boxes at each, HD, recording ability on all TV's.
-Internet, unlimited, fast, wifi throughout the house
-Landline, have to keep this for DH consulting and it's part of the bundle.
Monthly $156 includes taxes and fees.

I understand individual streaming where you pick the channels you want and we have Amazon Prime and Netflix an additional approx. $20/month. But that's changing so fast.
Where are we on this roller coaster of entertainment costs?

Wow, that's a better deal than I am getting......and I called AT&T about 4 months ago and asked them to lower my bill or I would cancel the account. I've had Uverse for 11 years now.

- U200 package (No Showtime or HBO)
- Sports package
- 2 TV's with DVR
- Somewhat fast internet w/WiFi (24Mbit)
- Landline (mostly used for home alarm system)
- Cost $178.00 a month

I plan to cut the cord and just get high speed internet from my local cable company. I have Netflix & Amazon Prime accounts already.

If you're exploring cable cutting, I would add Hulu, which carries a lot of broadcast TV, and maybe CBS All Access, which is a holdout from Hulu. And you can add premium cable streaming, like HBO Now to get the HBO series, and buy individual shows on Vudu, Amazon Prime, or on disc, to cover any gaps. Those are the items you should use to estimate a new, post-cable budget to see if it's worth it to you.

Wow, that's a better deal than I am getting......and I called AT&T about 4 months ago and asked them to lower my bill or I would cancel the account. I've had Uverse for 11 years now.

- U200 package (No Showtime or HBO)
- Sports package
- 2 TV's with DVR
- Somewhat fast internet w/WiFi (24Mbit)
- Landline (mostly used for home alarm system)
- Cost $178.00 a month

I plan to cut the cord and just get high speed internet from my local cable company. I have Netflix & Amazon Prime accounts already.

Call again Dean, and get a different person. I have Uverse internet, packaged with Direct Tv. I dont know exactly what plan I have as I have a grandfathered plan. I got the regional sports networks, about every thing but the HBO and Starz premium movie channel. Anyways, my bill is $212 but that is including the NFL Sunday Ticket and NHL Center Ice. So when they are over (which should be this month billing wise) is should be about $125. And that includes three receivers, one being a HDR reciever, and the insurance package. I called about 4 months ago and they whacked $60 off before I could even threaten to cancel.

I'm trying to understand the cutting cable post. Here's what we pay for ATT Uverse bundle package. The bundle keeps it cheap? Maybe.

-U300 - has all the sports, Big 10, tennis channels, news etc channels + Showtime and Starz (love the series on those).

-Three TV's boxes at each, HD, recording ability on all TV's.
-Internet, unlimited, fast, wifi throughout the house
-Landline, have to keep this for DH consulting and it's part of the bundle.
Monthly $156 includes taxes and fees.

I think there are people who either do not watch enough TV to justify the cost of cable. OR, people to whom $150+/- a month is a large expenditure, OR people who would rather invest the majority of that monthly payment into an asset.

The only time DW and I have had cable (in the last 25 years) was when MIL moved in for about 18 months, and it was her sole entertainment. Otherwise, we always felt there were better places to spend the money. Our entertainment package is Netflix, free OTA TV, DVD's from the library and internet news-about $12 a month, not including the cost of wi-fi.

I think there are people who either do not watch enough TV to justify the cost of cable. OR, people to whom $150+/- a month is a large expenditure, OR people who would rather invest the majority of that monthly payment into an asset.

The only time DW and I have had cable (in the last 25 years) was when MIL moved in for about 18 months, and it was her sole entertainment. Otherwise, we always felt there were better places to spend the money. Our entertainment package is Netflix, free OTA TV, DVD's from the library and internet news-about $12 a month, not including the cost of wi-fi.

Bruce, that is a great way to eliminate needless spending. But for me the numbers just wont add up that way. $12 would really mean I assume $62 as internet is generally $50. So I would save $60 a month at most before adding any additional programming apps. But I dont have OTA access, plus I am sports driven so in the end no real savings would occur for me. But the wave of cord cutting is definitely the trend and is projected to intensify.

ATT and DirecTV

ATT is promoting Uverse customers switch to DirecTV, which ATT owns now. We switched and were able to save a bunch with a 2 year deal. Of course, after 2 years, rates rise and I make my annual call to renegotiate our deal. DirecTV reception is crystal clear and only goes out briefly when storms blow over between the satellite and our dish. I noticed this just a few times in the past few years.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom