Avatar: what am I doing wrong to install one?

They do not exist?

(Ducking)
Well...beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'm willing to bet all the ladies of this forum are lovely. Not only are they lovely; they are intelligent, experienced, know how to make money and take care of themselves. ;)

So, I guess you can take a larger photo and shrink it to 80x80 pixels to fit as your avatar? Is there some trick to this? And what is it?
I looked thru a ton a women avatars, but is seemed kinda ridiculous for an older gal to have some hot 20 y.o. photo. Where are the avatars of older women that look good?

Here's my favorite older woman that looks good (as in incredible). And she sings like an angel.

I use Paint to shrink the pictures I want to use as avatars. Or you could do a Google Image search and copy the thumbnails. You still might have to shrink it a little.

Attachments

• emmylou-harris.jpg
    emmylou-harris.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 79
  • emmylou SMALL.jpg
    emmylou SMALL.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 77
How I did this I will never know, but I tried to follow what you were saying; so, I am imagining you gave good directions as it worked. You have NO idea how many times I tried to do this. Thanks, REWahoo. I appreciate it greatly, and hope I don't have to bother you again with this. (I really need to take a computer class or pick up a book on it sometime instead of just hunting and pecking and hoping I figure things out.)

Well, you are way ahead of me! I would have been hunched over my computer for days trying to put an avatar on this page. We have a young subcontracted IT fellow at my office to help us as we are constantly in a pickle with our computers. He has been there for years. I tease him and tell him his job is secure and that he will never leave us. Sometimes he looks a little glum at this.

Harley, who is that singer? I like the dogs! :)
I save pictures to my computer and then use them for my avatar, but I don't change mine too often.
I liked this shot from the Floydfest music festival in July so I've kept it a while.

I WAS hunched over the computer like 5 different times before I quit in total frustration each time.
Thank God REWahoo gave me a hint or I'd still be hunched over the computer.

OH, no, and now I gotta learn Paint...somebody needs to take a computer course finally (hint to myself). Not being particularly technical, this self-taught stuff for me doesn't always work or it works but takes me hours to get it. Obviously, computers are not one of my talents..ha!

By the way, I did punch in free avatars and looked at gobs and gobs, but I just liked the look of the duck for some reason. I'm sure I'll change him when I get the guts to try to change this avatar out again..sigh.

***The singer above is Emily Lou Harris (or darn close to her name. Emmy Lou?). Been around for years. She's very premature gray and was like that in her 20's I think.

Darn, I so should have had that one! Now that you said it, I can see that it is Emmylou Harris. See what happens when you don't have a TV!
She is awesome! Loved the old Gram Parsons duos "In My Hour of Darkness".

And the All this Roadrunning with Mark Knopfler was just stunning.

Look at Dolly Parton's pictures of her when she was with Porter Waggoner and see how naturally beautiful she was. She's been pulled and tucked so much that her mouth is crooked now. Why do women--a la Joan Rivers who now looks like The Joker--do that to themselves? Good grief...you can do waaay too much and Parton has done it.
But maybe the guys aren't looking at the lips on her face much...in fact, they may not even be aware she has eyes...ha!

Why do women--a la Joan Rivers who now looks like The Joker--do that to themselves? Good grief...you can do waaay too much and Parton has done it.

But maybe the guys aren't looking at the lips on her face much...in fact, they may not even be aware she has eyes...ha!

Found at: THE DARK SIDE OF PLASTIC SURGERY - The New York Times
''I have been friends with the same crowd for roughly 10 years. They were always eight years older than I, but now suddenly they look eight years younger.'' The comedy writer Larry Gelbart puts it differently. ''They don't look younger,'' he says, ''they look surprised.''

You're correct. I looked it up... she does, in fact, have eyes. Who knew?

Darn, I so should have had that one! Now that you said it, I can see that it is Emmylou Harris. See what happens when you don't have a TV!
She is awesome! Loved the old Gram Parsons duos "In My Hour of Darkness".

And the All this Roadrunning with Mark Knopfler was just stunning.

I fell in love with her when I saw her in concert with Gram Parsons when I was 15 years old. She had incredibly long black hair back then. I went and saw The Last Waltz movie 3 times mostly because of her duet of Evangeline with Rick Danko. And most recently she blew me away doing Didn't Leave Nobody But The Baby with Alison Krauss and Gillian Welch in the O Brother Where Art Thou movie. She's just awesome. :smitten:

She had incredibly long black hair back then. I went and saw The Last Waltz movie 3 times mostly because of her duet of Evangeline with Rick Danko. And most recently she blew me away doing Didn't Leave Nobody But The Baby with Alison Krauss and Gillian Welch in the O Brother Where Art Thou movie. She's just awesome. :smitten:

Yeah! That long black hair.

YouTube - Band & Emmylou Harris The Last Waltz evangeline

Here's your song:

YouTube - Didn't Leave Nobody But The Baby

Yup, that's what happens to coal black hair..me being one of them that turned gray eventually. Black hair tends to turn silverish.

Nice avatar, kyounge1956!! And those cookies aren't even fattening since they are just on the internet... :)

Back
Top Bottom