Baseball 2017

Probably the most exciting baseball game I've ever seen, regardless of who wins. All sorts of WS records being broken tonight,,,, or this morning,,,, or both.

Last edited:
:dance: 13 to 12 Astros, enough said

i have a feeling that we will be watching this series in a documentary a few years from now

I tuned out for about an hour when Dodgers were up 4-0. Next thing I know, score was tied 4-4. The blink of an eye, 7-4 Dodgers. That was only the beginning. Ended up watching the rest. Crazy, crazy with all the comeback clutch hitting from both teams.

Maybe time for a new saying, "Hitting beats pitching during the playoffs."

Last edited:
What a wild and crazy game! The folks that paid megabucks for tickets sure got their money's worth. Go 'Stros!

Harley may be up till 4.

Did some fast forwarding, skipped most of the strikeouts and fly balls. went to bed at around 3.

Even though the Dodgers lost, that was a great game! Poor Brandon Morrow, I really felt bad for him.

Amazing game, again.

I tuned out for about an hour when Dodgers were up 4-0. Next thing I know, score was tied 4-4. The blink of an eye, 7-4 Dodgers. That was only the beginning. Ended up watching the rest. Crazy, crazy with all the comeback clutch hitting from both teams.

Maybe time for a new saying, "Hitting beats pitching during the playoffs."
The Astros have amazing hitters. One after another all up and down their lineup of batters who can hit the ball out of the park. The pitcher has to make pitches to them. Can't afford to walk anybody.

The Dodgers have great hitting as well. I like the Dodger pitching, but the Astro batters are deadly. This series is not over by any means. The Dodgers are tough and going home. This series is still up for grabs.

Great game last night. Only downside for me was the the occasional sloppiness in the field, but the two teams have been pretty good defensively thus far.

I have deep respect for the Astros offense, given the way they're shredding a great Dodger pitching staff, including their bullpen. The Astros aren't allowing the Dodgers to settle into their bullpen formula of starter/Morrow/Jansen, and are giving Roberts fits. Also not sure why he had Hernandez bunting in the seventh.

Can't wait for Game 6 in LA. Verlander vs. Hill. Will we be back to a pitching dominated game, or another slugfest?

Last edited:
Great game last night. Only downside for me was the the occasional sloppiness in the field, but the two teams have been pretty good defensively thus far.

I have deep respect for the Astros offense, given the way they're shredding a great Dodger pitching staff, including their bullpen. The Astros aren't allowing the Dodgers to settle into their bullpen formula of starter/Morrow/Jansen, and are giving Roberts fits. Also not sure why he had Hernandez bunting in the seventh.

Can't wait for Game 6 in LA. Verlander vs. Hill. Will we be back to a pitching dominated game, or another slugfest?

The series could be a game of attrition. Game 5, both aces didn't last 5 innings and several relievers on both teams looked gassed.

The bunt strategy I guess was an attempt at small ball. Trying to put a runner on 3rd with 1 out so any following ball in play could drive him in. Maybe too as Turner's leg was a bit gimpy from the game before so on third might have a better chance of scoring?

I feel like Roberts is being out managed by Hinch. The bunt seemed very questionable along with the over use of his bullpen. But I didn’t watch the Dodgers all year long, and it sounds like that’s been his formula to winning. So maybe he’s just dancing with what brung him. Still, I prefer the Hinch style of going by what your eyes tell you rather than by the book.

It’s interesting how both managers clearly have a limited set of relievers they even remotely trust. I’d say especially on the Astros side but somewhat with the Dodgers as well. And those trusted guys seem all used up.

I’d imagine Hinch is on his knees praying Verlander can somehow throw a complete game tomorrow. He has no one he trusts left in the pen.

Both teams deserve to be there. Both have strong hitters that can hit a 95 MPH fastball and have great poise at bat. The pitchers on both staffs are outstanding but have their hands full with the great hitters on both teams.

No telling which team will come out on top after watching the first 5 games.

Both teams deserve to be there. Both have strong hitters that can hit a 95 MPH fastball and have great poise at bat. The pitchers on both staffs are outstanding but have their hands full with the great hitters on both teams.

No telling which team will come out on top after watching the first 5 games.

History has a team up 3-2 with about a 66% chance of winning. Not great, but better than 34%.

I just checked CBS Sportsline, and they are giving the Dodgers a 27% chance.

I don't watch much baseball but it seems that Giles has not done the Astros much favors in the WS.... I'd let him sit.

Maybe Verlander tilted the odd in favor of the Astros a bit more than usual.

Though Hill has been consistent too. Perhaps Roberts won't be so quick to yank him without real reason to :LOL:.

Back
Top Bottom