Baseball 2017

I'm rooting for the Astros. We (Detroit) sent them our best and he deserves to win what he couldn't win here. Go Verlander! It also doesn't hurt knowing it might bring some happiness to some people that have been through hell. Go Houston!

Tigers fan too. I was rooting for the Dodgers when they had Gibson and now for the Astros who have Verlander. Seems only fair. I would have been pulling for the Astros regardless though.

Well the Astros showed their true colors again last night. Their very first pitch to LA ended in a Home Run. :facepalm: What a start for LA. I can only hope that things will start turning around, soon.

This is like a recurring bad dream. Déjà vu.

Well the Astros showed their true colors again last night. Their very first pitch to LA ended in a Home Run. :facepalm: What a start for LA. I can only hope that things will start turning around, soon.

This is like a recurring bad dream. Déjà vu.
It'll be OK. If Keuchel doesn't make that mistake to Turner in the 6th, it's a 1-1 game. Verlander will prevail tonight.

It'll be OK. If Keuchel doesn't make that mistake to Turner in the 6th, it's a 1-1 game. Verlander will prevail tonight.

Yes, 3 bad pitches that went over the wall in the game... so it was a pitchers duel... I was thinking Keuchel was looking a bit ragged when he walked the guy.... but who knows when to take someone out if he is doing good overall....

I think it was interesting that the guy who got the 2 run homer said it would be a long fly ball out if the temp was normal!!! IOW, the hot temp in LA won them the game...

BTW, I was watching the pitch count and it was low... even though the LA pitcher was striking out a LOT of people...

They said the game was less than 2 1/2 hours!!! Now that is rare....

BTW, I was watching the pitch count and it was low... even though the LA pitcher was striking out a LOT of people...

Agree. The pitch counts for both pitchers was very good, esp. Kershaw. You don't see many games like that any more. And without the pitching changes, no time for the networks to pepper us with commercials! Although I did see a Wendy's ad for nuggets (I think) that was in-screen while the game was on. A new source of revenue.

I think it was interesting that the guy who got the 2 run homer said it would be a long fly ball out if the temp was normal!!! IOW, the hot temp in LA won them the game...

Justin Turner said that, but he's a modest and decent guy. Who knows if it's true or not. But it was incredibly hot, 103 at the time of the first pitch.

It would have been interesting watching Kershaw face off against Verlander, although Keuchal(?) pitched pretty well. I think the Dodgers bullpen might be what wins the series for them. I hope.

No Astros fan should press the panic button just yet. Its still a long way to go. Astros hung in there well against the Dodgers best last night.

Dodgers are obviously really good and with home field advantage it’s tough. But a win tonight changes everything. Even with a loss tonight I still don’t count the Astros out.

I think the Dodgers bullpen might be what wins the series for them. I hope.

I didn't mean they should use everybody in it. Great game so far (top of the 11th).

(20 seconds later) Yeah, they should have benched that Springer guy.

I decided to call it a night and went to bed as game was tied 5-5. Guess I missed the end of the home run derby :).

Great Series! In other news, Joe Girardi has been fired! I actually can't stand the Yankees but he really put together a good ball club that will challenge other AL contenders over the next decade. Needs to replace Sabathia, though.

Michael

I decided to call it a night and went to bed as game was tied 5-5. Guess I missed the end of the home run derby :).

+1 I decided to check in on the score just before I was about to go to bed since I had to get up at 6:15 am for golf today... I turned it on just as the in tp Astros tied it up 3-3 in the 9th so I decided to watch for a while.

Then in the 10th when the Astros got those back to back homers I figured that they should be able to close it in the 10th, but when the Dodgers came back to tie it in the 10th at 5-5 I gave up since I had no idea how much longer it would last. I wish that I had thought to record it. :facepalm:

I was watching some of the after game and someone mentioned that this was the first time there were 5 HR in extra innings EVER....

I have been surprised that most runs seem to be coming due to HRs....

Dodgers hit 212 this season (most ever) and the Astros 238. Both teams are long ball hitters. :cool:

Lot of HRs in general, in baseball this year. Most since the steroid era IIRC.
Some say they made a change to the way the baseball is constructed.

Anyway of the 17 runs scored in the WS thus far, 14 have come from home runs. And it feels like both games were pitching duels, until the bullpens took over in Game 2.

I think that Dave Roberts mismanaged, or at least over-managed the bullpen last night. No need to pull Hill when he did, and he used too many other relievers...leaving him with just McCarthy when it mattered.

Great series thus far tho.

Yesterday the Dodgers managed only one hit that was not a HR.

True...through regulation they had 3 runs on 2 hits. Enough to make a manager go nuts.

On another note the Astros need to stop walking Taylor. He's walked three times and 2 of the three times he has scored on a home run.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom