Bathroom Remodel Color question

MichealKnight

Full time employment: Posting here.
This is topic #1,234,222 I know little about :)

Having bathrooms re-done.

The floor is white marble with slight gray streaks thru it.

Is it ok that the countertops are also white? Or does it have to be a different color?

Also, like I said, floor is white with light gray streaks. What if the counter tops are white..... also with gray streaks -- just in a slightly different pattern?

Vanity is white. Thanks

Either one sounds fine to me, so I would do the one you prefer.
Designers often mix patterns with the same color scheme, and gray is a neutral color, so white or gray pattern would work.

A pop of color could be with the soap dish, floor mat or towels

Some people like literally all white kitchens and/or bathrooms, I've seen them on HGTV. It depends on whether you're remodeling with eventual resale in mind, or just to satisfy what YOUR style/taste dictates - in which case it's whatever you want.

Nothing wrong with lots of white, even if it comes off as a little extreme to some potential buyers, I doubt it would be a deal breaker (they can alway soften the look with pops of color - towels, floor mats, curtains, accessories). It's the off beat choices or the latest thing a few years later that might put off buyers. What's in style changes from year to year, there's no perfect answer for all time - not even the supposed timeless choices.

Last edited:
Taste is very personal. Your combination would be pretty safe. However, I would avoid situations where you have to wear sunglasses in the bathroom due to brightness.

We have a mixed pallette in our remodeled master bath. Marble basketweave floor tiles (so black mixed with the white/gray). Countertop is white. Shower is white subway. Vanities are white. Walls are pale gray.

It all works.

Mixed neutrals and stones tend to work well side by side. The only thing I'd say to match would be the hardware (faucets, shower heads, possibly even drawer/doorknobs), so they don't look like they were done at different times. ie, all oil-rubbed bronze, or all brushed nickel.

Kinda like jewelry? Few women are going to pair silver earrings with a gold necklace.

We redid our main (but still small) bath in black/grey/white.
Bastketweave tiles on floor including shower. Black vanity with white with grey streak counter. Subway tiles on shower walls. Medium grey paint above white beadboard. We love it.

We just redid our entire master bath. Blended white vanity with white quartz with some minor tan streaks. Floor is brown with white highlights. We like the result, but everyone has different tastes. I think the mixing of grays, browns and whites are all pretty safe choices. We got so worked up with the huge assortment of choices. It took weeks to decide.

Attachments

• 6B4E3F7C-F54E-4D50-B844-7670326CACF6.jpeg
    6B4E3F7C-F54E-4D50-B844-7670326CACF6.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 19
Get whatever you want and like. Personally, with a white floor and counter top I would paint the vanity cabinet a different color. My counter is white quartz with gray streaks and my floor is shades of grey. We painted the cabinets a dark teal color which goes well with our tile.

But -- that is what we like. If you like all white get what you want.

Colors are personal. Grey is a neutral color and allows basically all different colors to give a matching effect. Well maybe except tans.
My preferences are wood. Why paint wood? But the thing I find about all white painted cabinets is the quality of the wood is much lower than stained cabinets. When we built our house our cabinet choices were MDF painted cabinets, real birch, oak, and cypress wood stained. Same prices for either choice. We chose cypress since we live in the cypress swamps and I grew up next door to an abandoned cypress mill.
For the OP I'd look at contrasting colors for the counter top and not try to match the floor. Possibly a darker grey with streaks of silver or white.

Back
Top Bottom