• Meryl Streep

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Denzel Washington

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 11 19.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
+1 Every time Ben Mendelsohn shows up in a movie or series I have to double check that's him. He is a chameleon. Thank you Google IMDb.

Totally agree that he is a chameleon. I couldn’t believe the difference between Blood Line and Darkest Hour.

Just in time for socially-distanced Thanksgiving discussion: I’ve added a poll with names mentioned so far. Kind of a primary. I was surprised at the names, many only garnered 1 or 2 votes (my initial choice didn’t make the cut). These are the others, in alphabetical order.

Related to this thread/poll. Today’s (Nov 29) NYT had an article titled “The 25 Greatest Actors of the 21st Century (So Far)”.

The top ten:

1. Denzel Washington
2. Isabelle Huppert
3. Daniel Day-Lewis
4. Keanu Reeves
5. Nicole Kidman
6. Song Kang Ho
7. Toni Servillo
8. Zhao Tao
9. Viola Davis
10. Saoirse Ronan

The article is here (might be through paywall)

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/movies/greatest-actors-actresses.html

Related to this thread/poll. Today’s (Nov 29) NYT had an article titled “The 25 Greatest Actors of the 21st Century (So Far)”.

The top ten:

1. Denzel Washington
2. Isabelle Huppert
3. Daniel Day-Lewis
4. Keanu Reeves
5. Nicole Kidman
6. Song Kang Ho
7. Toni Servillo
8. Zhao Tao
9. Viola Davis
10. Saoirse Ronan

The article is here (might be through paywall)

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/movies/greatest-actors-actresses.html
The NYT! Well I guess they are entitled to an "opinion" too.... :) Well they got two names right, IMO! :LOL: Your poll/options were much better.

BTW, I couldn't see the article (blocked).

Last edited:
The NYT! Well I guess they are entitled to an "opinion" too.... :) Well they got two names right, IMO! :LOL: Your poll/options were much better.

BTW, I couldn't see the article (blocked).

:)

My poll is actually “our” (e-r.org members) poll. I set it to expire but can’t remember when...

I don’t even recognize several of NYT’s names! Guess I’m behind the times!

Yeah, the NYT list is worse than many of those "best places to live" articles. I guess it's stylish to mention some actors that not many people have heard of.

:)

My poll is actually “our” (e-r.org members) poll. I set it to expire but can’t remember when...

I don’t even recognize several of NYT’s names! Guess I’m behind the times!

The poll ends Jan 05, 2021

No one nominated William Shatner? How about Mr.Ed?

No one nominated William Shatner? How about Mr.Ed?

:2funny: I didn't realize you had such a great sense of humor. I can almost see Mr Ed, but Shatner....:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Last edited:
Yeah, the NYT list is worse than many of those "best places to live" articles. I guess it's stylish to mention some actors that not many people have heard of.

... And Denzel as No. 1? I enjoy his films, but he's not the greatest actor of the century.

Sean Penn didn't make the list, with two best-actor Oscars. But Keanu Reeves did. Hm.

Can I call with Jack Elam?

Who is the greatest sidekick actor of the 21st century? I can't think of any. Judi Dench in the Bond movies, maybe.

I drove through Kingman, Ariz., once -- they revere Andy Devine as a saint.

Who is the greatest sidekick actor of the 21st century? I can't think of any. Judi Dench in the Bond movies, maybe.

I drove through Kingman, Ariz., once -- they revere Andy Devine as a saint.

Couldn't resist:

I wish I had a pencil thin mustache
The "Boston Blackie" kind
A two toned Ricky Ricardo jacket
And an autographed picture of Andy Devine

Wiliam Holden. Always had a crush on him, even though he was my parent's generation.

Wiliam Holden. Always had a crush on him, even though he was my parent's generation.
I had a crush on his last girlfriend/partner for decades....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom