Best blog weblog travlog site?

EddieG

Dryer sheet aficionado
Hi all,

The wife and I want to start a blog / weblog / travlog , whatever.

Mainly for posting or linking to pix, video and diary of travels, life in general, favorite links, etc. A way to meet others with similar interests would be great.

My kids use myspace and facebook. No offense, but they seem to be a a lot about who has the most "friends".

We are looking for something with a cleaner, easy to use interface. A slideshow option would be good.

We would also like to set it up as a couple, instead of just one individual.
Any ideas on a good site? VOX, Livejournal, others, etc.

Thanks,

Eddie

Eddie,

I've always enjoyed reading travelpod.com travel blogs.

Take a look at blogspot. It's pretty easy to use, free, nice interface. And once you figure it out, it works well with Picasa (Google's picture service).

My wife and I did our travel blog on there:
Dave and Katy's Travelblog

Another good one is

TravelBlog | Travel Blogs, Journals, Diaries and Photos

I don't blog myself, but the features/tools on the site are all purpose built with travel related features, which is obviously a good thing for someone that wants to blog about their trips.

It's also a great site for researching destinations - it seems like pretty much anyplace you might want to go has been visited and photographed by dozens if not hundreds of their members.

I enjoyed Bob Loblaw's Law Blog for the brief time it existed.

10 pts to whoever gets it first.

I definately don't deserve 10 points because I just don't get it.

A couple of my favorite photo blogs are hosted on blogspot.

RhodyGreg14 - thanks for the insight. Sounds like an interesting show. Unfortunately, I'd never heard of it before.

RhodyGreg14 - thanks for the insight. Sounds like an interesting show. Unfortunately, I'd never heard of it before.

Do yourself a favor and rent the DVDs. One of the few shows that I literally laugh out loud while watching - even if I'm alone which is even rarer to cause a real laugh.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom