Best Scenes in Movie History?

Did she taste as good as she looked? Creepy. I have to see that movie.
You are in for a treat. A very young Don Johnson is one of the stars. It's a bit on the risque side.

That's why he was called "The Great One"

Smokey and The Bandit (1977), Sheriff Buford T Justice delivers the killer line.

The hilarious over-crowded ship cabin scene in the Marx Brothers' A Night at the Opera:

Many scenes that are memorable to me involve a character having a fresh insight. Such scenes are found in many movies. One that is particularly visually appropriate comes in The Matrix when Neo wakes after being shot, and can see his surroundings in the form of matrix code.

The second half of the poker game in "The Sting" is my favorite movie scene.

Shower scene in Psycho. I still lock the door when I shower.

Smokey and The Bandit (1977), Sheriff Buford T Justice delivers the killer line.

Burt Reynolds delivered one of my favorite movie lines in one of his earlier Southern hot-rod flicks, "Gator." "Only two things I'm scared of ..."

I can name quite a few, a couple that one to mind that haven’t been mentioned already:
  • The buildup and last line in the attorney’s (Matthew McConaughey) closing argument in A Time To Kill was electrifying to me. I’d post a link but it has to viewed in the context of the movie to be appreciated.
  • The unveil at the end of The Sixth Sense, for those who don’t see it coming.
  • The ending of The Shawshank Redemption is a classic.

Last edited:
I can name quite a few, a couple that one to mind that haven’t been mentioned already:
  • The buildup and last line in the attorney’s (Matthew McConaughey) closing argument in A Time To Kill was electrifying to me. I’d post a link but it has to viewed in the context of the movie to be appreciated.
  • The unveil at the end of The Sixth Sense, for those who don’t see it coming.
  • The ending of The Shawshank Redemption is a classic.

That speech, and the last line, were pure brilliance.

The Rutger Hauer death scene from Blade Runner. "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe . . ."

I’ll give you two in the same movie. Cool Hand Luke. Egg eating scene. Then the lady washing the car. Classic

I know that this scene from Gone With the Wind only has one actress, and is not very complex.

But it strikes a chord. I know we have all been that desperate and determined at one point in our lives, even though most of us would never admit it, much less talk about it.

"As God is my witness, I will never be hungry again!!!"

Brought tears to my eyes just watching it, to make sure I had the right video clip. Honestly I am bawling as I post.

Touch of Evil opening scene:

...a no-cut, no editing tricks, work of genius by Orson Wells. Well worth your time, even if the move is a bit...dated.
I love these extended and (apparently) no editing scenes. A good recent example is the beginning of "Spectre" the 24th James Bond movie.

Don’t know if it’s considered one scene or not. But the last 10 minutes or so of Unforgiven. From the time he rides into Big Whiskey in the rain through the shootout and as he rides out of town. So shocking, violent, ironic. It sure gives a unique perspective on the Western.

These posts make me want to go watch all those films again. Here are a few more scenes.

Alien when the alien rips out of John Hurt’s chest.

Five Easy Pieces diner scene.

Charlie Chaplin The Gold Rush eating his shoe leather.

Don’t know if it’s considered one scene or not. But the last 10 minutes or so of Unforgiven. From the time he rides into Big Whiskey in the rain through the shootout and as he rides out of town. So shocking, violent, ironic. It sure gives a unique perspective on the Western.

My favorite scene from that movie is when he and the kid are talking after the kid shoots a guy in the outhouse, with the famous line "It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. You take away all he has and all he's ever going to be."

Wyecrabber1's When Harry Met Sally and Midpack's A Tme To Kill scenes are 2 excellent choices, each with very memorable closing lines.

One more scene I'd like to add is the interrogation scene in Basic Instinct when Sharon Stone slowly uncrosses and recrosses her legs, revealing for a moment her you-know-what!;)

Then there is Vito Corleone playing with his grandson in the garden

Back
Top Bottom