Best Scenes in Movie History?

Another good movie scene isn't necessarily one with anything particularly memorable, just a fine piece of movie making. In the movie, "Goodfellas," there is a scene which showed Henry and Karen entering the Copacabana nightclub through a secret entrance and walking through a maze of passageways through the kitchen before being seated at their special table. Their walk was shown as a long, unbroken cut lasting around 2 1/2 minutes. Fine piece of moviemaking.

If you like that, here is another extended single cut scene from Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri. In my opinion, this is the art of film making at its finest. From the time he walks out of the police station until he walks back in is 1:40 +/-

I love these extended and (apparently) no editing scenes. A good recent example is the beginning of "Spectre" the 24th James Bond movie.

An early example of that is from the 1976 movie Bound for Glory:

Plus see my Post #53 above.

The chariot race in Ben Hur ( the original one of course [emoji1783])

Last edited:
How about the final scene in the first "Planet of the Apes" movie when Taylor (Charlton Heston) sees the Statue of Liberty?

"The longest day". There is one take that is 90 seconds long when allied troops attacking a town. Soldiers falling, bombs going off, smokes from rifles all very realistic.

So many to choose from! Here’s one of my all time favorite scenes from a near perfect movie.

Say hello to my little friend.

Never let go of that promise.

Show me the money.

Phone Home.

Great Scott!

Good Morning, Vietnam

In the movie Blue Thunder, Roy Scheider explaining what JAFO means.

Over the the years I used the acronym often about corporate suits.

Say hello to my little friend.

Never let go of that promise.

Show me the money.

Phone Home.

Great Scott!

Good Morning, Vietnam

Show me the money plus the 2nd great quote from that movie "You had me at hello".

From Here to Eternity - Beach scene

Good thing it stops there. Having , uhm, " Relations " with sand around can be a real showstopper :rolleyes: Ouch.

I don't remember the title of this foreign film from a few years ago. It's a murder mystery out of Uruguay or somewhere in South America. But it has this one fantastic scene that starts high above a soccer stadium, and for about ten minutes the camera slowly descends into and around the stadium until it focuses on the bad guy sitting in the crowd, who notices that the police have spotted him. So he takes off running thru the innards of the stadium--all while the camera follows him. It looks like one un-edited scene but it was actually the result of some CGI. It's a great scene, nonetheless. Anyone know that movie?
Found it on YouTube! It's the 2009 Argentina movie The Secret in Their Eyes, which won the 2010 Oscar for best foreign language film. I haven't seen it in years.

Her horoscope said "You will encounter a tall, dark stranger"

Darth Vader interrogates Princess Leia on the Death Star:

Good storytelling leaves the grisly details off-screen.

Planet of Apes ending was outstanding - left a large impression on a youngster.

I always cited Clint Eastwood as my favourite actor and his best line as 'A man's gotta know his limitations' from Magnum Force. Words I always tried to live by and remind others of.

Planet of Apes ending was outstanding - left a large impression on a youngster.

I always cited Clint Eastwood as my favourite actor and his best line as 'A man's gotta know his limitations' from Magnum Force. Words I always tried to live by and remind others of.

Planet of the Apes was a great surprise ending.

War really is hell

Gone with the Wind (1939) The camera pans slowly back to reveal the train yard is littered with thousands of wounded soldiers, ultimately revealing a tattered Confederate flag flapping overhead

Back
Top Bottom