Bird ID question

calmloki

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
What in da heck are the Costco birds? Seen the same little black birds with yellow eyes in three different states, always in the Costco parking lots. More frequent when they had outdoor food courts, but still real evident....

What kind of goose is this? Got the photo in Kentucky... one guess from others is a greater white-fronted but no confirmation. I actually thought Greylag but not sure on that front either. The best answer so far has been "dunno, but it looks tasty"

2179808654_ff8e19bc3b.jpg

Oh, here's a side profile:

2179808602_b8bb630c70.jpg

The one with the white head looks like a blue goose (blue morph of the snow goose) and the two in the foreground appear to be greater white-fronted (but could be juvenile blues). This is based on past hunting/observing and my waterfowl ID book.

What in da heck are the Costco birds? Seen the same little black birds with yellow eyes in three different states, always in the Costco parking lots. More frequent when they had outdoor food courts, but still real evident....

If not a Grackle (which probably is too big), it could be a rusty blackbird, but they are rare :
blackbird-rusty.jpg

Also possibly a male brewer's blackbird.
h5100pi.jpg

Audrey?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom