Black Friday

Ready

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I love the fact that almost all Black Friday deals are online now. I never had any interest in standing in lines on Friday morning to try and shop in brick and mortar stores. But with almost every deal being available online, I've been having a lot of fun buying stuff while it's on sale.

So far, I've purchased 2 set of Apple AirPods Pros and a bunch of hand soaps from Bath and Body Works. We bought an LG 77" inch TV earlier this month when the price dropped. I just bought a MacBook Air with the new M1 chip. And a Sonos sound bar for the new TV.

What is everyone buying for Black Friday?

I'd like to get a deal on a Bissell ProHeat 2X Revolution Max Clean Pet Pro Full-Size Carpet Cleaner for my daughter. Amazon has it for $270 but I'd like a better price. Good luck, right?

I'd like to get a deal on a Bissell ProHeat 2X Revolution Max Clean Pet Pro Full-Size Carpet Cleaner for my daughter. Amazon has it for $270 but I'd like a better price. Good luck, right?
With that kind of name I wouldn't expect it to find it for less than a million!

Wasn’t planning on buying anything. If a too good to be true special falls in my lap I might take advantage.

My family wants to go to the stores tomorrow so we probably will do a little family trip to the mall. That means I'll be sitting at the sports bar drinking a beer while they shop! Win-win!

ancestory.com subscriptions are 50% off. I just got one for DW.

One tradition I’ve had going on about 10 to 15 years now is to be at Home Depot when they open on Friday. They have poinsettias for $1, limit 12. If you’re there early and near the front of the line you might even get some of the white ones. Either way, 12 plants spread around the house and a few to friends was a good tradition. I’m wondering if the poinsettias will still be there, but they are not advertised in their paper. I don’t think I’ll go there this year to find out, but I’m curious.

I love the fact that almost all Black Friday deals are online now. I never had any interest in standing in lines on Friday morning to try and shop in brick and mortar stores. But with almost every deal being available online, I've been having a lot of fun buying stuff while it's on sale.

So far, I've purchased 2 set of Apple AirPods Pros and a bunch of hand soaps from Bath and Body Works. We bought an LG 77" inch TV earlier this month when the price dropped. I just bought a MacBook Air with the new M1 chip. And a Sonos sound bar for the new TV.

A discount on the MacBook Air? As far as I can tell Apple dropped the price a very few bucks but it doesn’t look like a one day special.

A discount on the MacBook Air? As far as I can tell Apple dropped the price a very few bucks but it doesn’t look like a one day special.

It was not a Black Friday sale, but it was $50 off at Costco, and they double the warranty at no extra charge, so I was pretty happy with the price. And it's an awesome laptop for $949. It's faster than our MacBook Pro 16" laptop that we paid over $2,000 for last year.

Apple AirPods Pros are down to $169 for Black Friday at Costco.

Our local Menards opens Friday 6am. I want to get some outdoor Christmas lights for my workshop asap, but I'm not sure if fighting the early black Friday crowd will be worth it.

Sheets for daughter, fluoride replacement filters for my Berkey, about $240 of tea from Upton tea, a Brooks running jacket (I don't run in them), a balaclava to run in should a national mask mandate be coming, a running hat that covers my neck, and a Brooks running hat for wearing around town.

I bought two dozen golf balls (my brand) at 12% off, and a long sleeve polo shirt and quarter zip fleece pullover at 50% off, Black Friday prices online. Also booked an oil change at $10 off. We may go to TotalWine today to see if there are any BF steals (probably not). It seems like Black Friday isn’t really a thing anymore, it’s just (buyer beware) holiday season discounts for weeks.

Last edited:
Need a new mouse for the laptop. That's about it for me. My new pickleball racquet is arriving today. yea!!!!!

With that kind of name I wouldn't expect it to find it for less than a million!

That is too funny. Every time I brush my teeth with this, I can't help but think either I have the cleanest teeth ever or the marketing people are eating too many 'shrooms.

No extra shopping for us this year. Our gift to each other (DW) is storm debris removal. :(

Attachments

• TP.jpg
    TP.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 66
I go through a pair of tennis shoes every 2 months playing pickleball so I look to stock up when they are on sale. Asics is having an online Black Friday sale today so I picked up four pairs of their Gel Game-7 tennis shoes for $35.00 each, regular price $80.00. That should last me for a while. That is the lowest price I have ever paid for them!

Unfortunately what I want is not on sale anywhere for Black Friday. Canon EOS R5 with 24-205mm F4/L Lens.... :(

Probably because it is too new.

Asics is having an online Black Friday sale today so I picked up four pairs of their Gel Game-7 tennis shoes for $35.00 each, regular price $80.00.

Thanks for sharing, I just picked up a couple pairs of my favorite model of Asics for $68, am very happy about that!

Haven't even looked for a deal to buy - don't need anymore crap.

SimpliSafe - a home security system I use and like is on a great deal. It's 50% off plus a free camera.
I like that one can choose to monitor or not, or just pick monitor when away, etc. The monitoring is cheap.

It works as one night we accidentally set off the alarm (hitting the panic button). Had 4 cops at our house in about 5 minutes..

I don't get any money for recommending them, just feel it's a good system and a great deal right now.

https://simplisafe.com/

Saw a good online travel deal in Romania - Discount Dracula's Castle.

I wasn't planning to but ended up buying a Sodastream and Aerogarden - both a little over half price.

We drove by the local Walmart earlier today (~11am) and it was absolutely packed... :crazy:

we choose to not participate. we don't need Black Friday for our gifts....gift cards and cash.

Back
Top Bottom