Chatbot for telemarketers

LOL!

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Now that some folks claim to have a chatbot (computer program) that passes the Turing Test, I thought that a useful endeavor for such a chatbot would be to answer one's phone and "play" with telemarkteers.

In that vein, I tried out something tonight when I got a phone call asking for "Al" who does not live here. (I answered because I had asked my son to call me, but do not have caller-ID) Anyways, I used my best "computer-generated" voice to have a conversation with the caller. It was great fun.

Would you buy a chatbot to put on your phone in order to waste the time of telemarketers? Should I start a company to provide such a service?

LOL!;1459431 Would you buy a chatbot to put on your phone in order to waste the time of telemarketers? Should I start a company to provide such a service?[/QUOTE said:
Interesting idea and entertaining but that's it - it's an entertaining idea that will in the end just tie up one's phone.

We don't get bothered much by telemarketers, it's actually pretty rare to be called by one, so I wouldn't pay much if anything for it.

No I wouldn't. Telemarketers consider any line time gold, so you'd be put on the gold list to be sold to other firms. You accept the call, game or not, and your name is gold.

Just say "Put me on your do not call list." It is like feeding them rat poison. Better than any gamesmanship.

I block them or let them go to the machine, and they never leave a message. The few times I have picked up, no one answers. I assume one person is monitoring many phones, and if they just got a 'live one' my answer is missed. Hmmm, although that has happened enough it makes me wonder - if they are missing 90% of the people who pick up, what's the point?

Another 'plug' for NOMOROBO, works with any phone system that has a 'simultaneous ring' feature (just enter one of the other companies to get through the sign up).

https://www.nomorobo.com/

I see they have updated the list, my VOIP 'Phone Power' is on it now, it wasn't before, I just said I was with AT&T (I think that was it), and they enable you. You just need to know how to set up your system for simul-ring to the number that NOMOROBO supplies. They look up the call in their database, and hang up if its a spammer, it drops the call on your end as well.

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom