Choppy Streamed Video

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Recently, almost all the streamed flash video I watch online has a significant number of pauses and delays (presumably for rebuffering). I've tried all the standard fixes (Slow Streaming Video Problems), but the problem remains.

Any other ideas?

Don't know about live streaming videos.

But for videos like on Youtube that slow down and buffer again and again, I start to play it, then press pause to let it finish buffering in the background. While it's buffering I open another tabbed browser window to continue surfing or just find something else to do for a few minutues while the buffering finishes. When I finally return and press play, the video plays without anymore buffering.

In your link it mentions clearing your web cache; but it doesn't mention checking to see if the cache size is set too small, and if necessary, increase it.

Thanks, I just increased the size of the cache from 50 to 100 MB.

Today I was watching the Tour de France (here). I noticed that the streaming wasn't too bad early in the race, but as it got towards the finish, the streaming got worse and worse. Right after the finish, it improved dramatically. So, I conclude that the servers just had trouble keeping up with demand as more viewers tuned in towards the end of the race.

tour-de-france-2011-mountain.jpg

Back
Top Bottom