Cigars?

I love the smell of cigar. I never smoked per se but have had a few cigars many years back. Some of them given to me for baby births etc. so cheap smokes but always enjoy the taste and smells.

I always thought wondered what the Toscano cigars was like that Clint Eastwood smoked in his movies. Has anyone ever tried one of them. An Italian smoke I think?

I smoked them pretty regularly about 15 years ago. They are a dried and cured cigar. First box I got I though: DAMN! These must have been sitting in a warehouse for 5 years. They're all stale! You can get them cured with Anisette too. They were definitely special. I started smoking way too much and cranked back my cigar intake.

Was it "Crooks" or some such that were soaked in some sort of liquor? I had a friend at w*rk who swore by those. They smelled good to me, but not to everyone at our break table. (Of course, we eventually had a no-smoking policy - so end of of all tobacco on the plant site - but don't tell that to the snuff guys.)

My grandfather smoked Cubans. Now, when I smell them, it reminds me of him and his home in Canada.

My uncles in the LA area smoked the same...Cubans. No idea how they go them or from whom but they always smoked them. They certainly never made a big deal about it.

So much so that I had no idea they were embargoed. My impression is that it was/is not much of an embargo. If they could get them so easily it seems to me that anyone else could get them.

Last edited:
I have like the cubans I have had, but I think their primally appeal is that they are not "approved". I like Honduran, Nicaraguan, and Domican cigars. I've visited Drew Estates in Nicaragua and Rock Patel in Honduras. Among the best vacations I have taken.

My grandfather smoked Cubans. Now, when I smell them, it reminds me of him and his home in Canada.

My uncles in the LA area smoked the same...Cubans. No idea how they go them or from whom but they always smoked them. They certainly never made a big deal about it.

So much so that I had no idea they were embargoed. My impression is that it was/is not much of an embargo. If they could get them so easily it seems to me that anyone else could get them.

IIRC there are still non-embaroged (pre-embargo) Cubans available. Otherwise, you can buy all you want in Canada. They might get confiscated at the border but I can't imagine you could be charged as they don't say "made in Cuba" from what I saw. YMMV

Back
Top Bottom