Cigars?

qwerty3656

Full time employment: Posting here.
I smoke the occasional cigar, but don't have a consistent good value cigar to smoke or a consistent establishment to purchase. What are your tips on what to smoke and where to purchase? Ideally, some place online because I probably don't live near you.

I smoked socially for a couple years, eons ago, usually Macanudo or Partagas. I never bought online, so can’t recommend a website.

Over a decade ago I was a cigar smoker. JRCigars.com was my favorite online retailer. My favorites brands were Partagas and Arturo Fuente.

Order some Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature in Natural or Maduro. From Famous Smoke Shop. They have a sale on them now with free shipping, too. I have no affiliation.

AF cigars are very consistent and these are medium in flavor. An excellent cigar. The entire Hemingway line is quite good. Perfecto shaped cigar, which is a great format. And the Signature is the size you want.

edit: Looks like there's a Best of Fuente deal, too. I might try that.

Last edited:
Used to smoke the illegal Cuban Cohibas awhile back. No more though.

BestCigar.com

I used to get a box(25 cigars) of RomeoJuliet Robusto for about $100.

Smoke and alkohol related hobbies are...terrible for longevity.

But I guess they help your portfolio not have to last as long.

Cjgar bid dot com

Recommending a cigar is difficult without knowing your flavor profile, and price point.

You cant go wrong with Rocky Patel but there are 20 or more versions. I like the vintage 1990's. I also like cao gold if im lookimg for something mild. The macanduo maduro new hyde park are pribably my favorite for a regular smoke. I can get all these for 3 to 5 bucks a stick.

Now, you want a really nice cigar go with the davidoff yamazi. More expensive, but man.

Atlantic Cigar has the best online prices, if you become a member which is free. Puro Express will ship silky smooth embargo cigars right to your mailbox, although they are quite expensive.

I enjoy the Baccarat havana line of smokes.

Smoke and alkohol related hobbies are...terrible for longevity.

But I guess they help your portfolio not have to last as long.

LOL - a cornerstone of my retirement plan is to die early.

My neighbor sits on his deck and smokes a Cigar and the smell sometimes travels into my home next door.
Please help me understand the desire to smoke a Cigar as the smell is irritating to me?
I sometimes wonder if it gives a high or a buzz like smoking Pot?

Folks, this isn’t the thread to judge cigar smoking, comment on health effects, or question why.

Atlantic Cigar has the best online prices, if you become a member which is free. Puro Express will ship silky smooth embargo cigars right to your mailbox, although they are quite expensive.

I enjoy the Baccarat havana line of smokes.
I just checked the cigars I smoke at Atlantic Cigar, and found them to priced higher than Cigar Bid.

Macanduo Maduro at Atlantic Cigar are listed at $34.95, whereas my most recent purchase at Cigar Bid was $26.50 and $20.00. Granted, they aren't always in stock at Cigar Bid, and it's an auction, but I've never paid more than $3.00 a stick.

The Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 Robusto are $48.82 at Atlantic Cigar, I generally pay under $15 at Cigar Bid.

Atlantic Cigar has free shipping on orders over $99, which is nice.

I used to use cigarbid.com a lot but went a little overboard, so haven't been on it for years. I think they are owned by cigars international. As someone earlier mentioned the 5 Vegas are good for the price. Grew my own tobacco last year and have been practicing rolling my own cigars, as just kind of a fun hobby.

My cousin and I get together on the weekend and smoke Rocky Patel cigars that I get
from JR Cigars. Since I drive over I cannot drink whilst there but I do drink 0.0 seltzer water.

You want cigarbid dot com .... I just picked up cohiba black for $4 ea.

I'll partake with the boys on the golf course. Not for everyone I get it ... neither is pot, alcohol, caffine, sugar ....

I love the smell of cigar. I never smoked per se but have had a few cigars many years back. Some of them given to me for baby births etc. so cheap smokes but always enjoy the taste and smells.

I always thought wondered what the Toscano cigars was like that Clint Eastwood smoked in his movies. Has anyone ever tried one of them. An Italian smoke I think?

If I can find them I'll bid the Kristoff San Andres .... but they usually hit closer to $7 ea. I like to stay under $5 .... otherwise it starts to look like a Starbucks Latte habit.

My cigar days are Tuesday and Friday. I go to a local shop and use their lounge. I always buy from the shop (need to keep them in business). Most shops will have a "House" cigar which is lower in price and sometimes fairly good. As to why, this is my social circle. Just like sitting around the pickle barrel in an old time store.

Are there any issues of cigar counterfeiting?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom