Clint Eastwood commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read the text.... and I think there is a bad reference... he references 'Detroit' when he was talking about the car companies....

I don't think that Detroit is getting any better.. the city is in decline and will continue to do so...

I also can see some political slant in the text.... that we are divided and will come together to defeat an outside force.... the problem I see with this is it is not outside that is the problem... but I do not want to add more in case this start to get too political....

All I'm saying is, I don't think that a political interpretation (whether intended or not), is that far of a stretch,
-ERD50
I agree, it isn't. I had to work quite hard to not view it as such (election year and all that).

My childhood was full of mangled lyrics too. I thought that Steve Miller was a "midnight talker", mainly because I had no idea what toking was :LOL:

Here's the text (last paragraph is a comment from the site)
Some have noticed that the voiceover never mentions Chrysler. This may have been a condition imposed by Clint Eastwood, who does not do advertisements....

And yet Clint Eastwood did this one. Weird.

My favorite commercial is Jake from State Farm.

Try hard enough and one can find partisan politics in a bowl of Alpha-Bits.

I saw him recently in an interview and his voice was normal, so my first thought was he is just acting and this was his Walt Kowalski voice, which suits the nature of the commercial.
Regarding his gravelly voice: I read that he used that voice when making Heartbreak Ridge because he thought it went with his character, and he seemed to reprise it in Gran Torino. I guess he thought it appropriate for thsi commercial, as well.
Whew, OK.

I thought the voiceover was a cross between James Earl Jones & Darth Vader.

Clint Eastwood is hands down the most handsome, sexiest human being in the entire universe. Sorry, guys, nobody else even comes close. He's even more handsome when he is doing his "tough guy" persona as in this commercial.
What did I think of the commercial? After I swoon, regain my composure, and then fan myself for a while, I'll [-]let you know[/-] watch it again.
Geez, I hate it when the hot chicks just chase the older guys...

Geez, I hate it when the hot chicks just chase the older guys...
What? You're growing younger? Hot chicks after older guys gives me hope, even if it is only a dream...

Clint Eastwood is hands down the most handsome, sexiest human being in the entire universe. Sorry, guys, nobody else even comes close. He's even more handsome when he is doing his "tough guy" persona as in this commercial.

In addition, I am a former federal employee and patriotic to a fault.

What did I think of the commercial? After I swoon, regain my composure, and then fan myself for a while, I'll [-]let you know[/-] watch it again.

:D:D

I think you have good taste W2R.

I liked the commercial and also like last year Emimen Chrysler commercial.
I think it is real stretch to see politics in an but in election year....

....On a serious note, I was surprised by the fallout from that ad. I am not a supporter of our current President, but I did not see a political message in that commercial. To me, it was just a good advertising pitch, using patriotism and a generally revered actor to convince people to buy their product.

+1 I didn't think of it as political at all when I saw it but I can see the point.

Some people see everything through ideological beer goggles. ...

But speaking from a purely logical viewpoint - although 'some people' can see politics in anything, that has no bearing on whether or not this advert did or did not have a political angle to it (intended or not, or just something that even non-extremists might be able to pick up on the possibility).

My childhood was full of mangled lyrics too. I thought that Steve Miller was a "midnight talker", mainly because I had no idea what toking was :LOL:

I though that was 'Midnight Stalker' - sounds scary!

And yet Clint Eastwood did this one. Weird.

My favorite commercial is Jake from State Farm.

Yes, that was an odd comment from them.

I stop and watch the 'Jake' commercial every time - it still cracks me up (She sounds hideous... Well, she's a guy, so...) :LOL:

-ERD50

You mean a bowl of cereal filled with government price controlled milk (insert partisan rant here)?

See, that wasn't so hard ;)

-ERD50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom