College World Series

harllee

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
DH and I are fans of our university's baseball team (season ticket holders). Our team (not going to jinx it by mentioning the school) is one win away from the College World Series. Going to the College World Series in Omaha has been on our bucket list. Has anyone been? Anyone live in Omaha and could give us some tips? hotels? how to get tickets, etc? Thanks! And Go Team!!

I’ve never been, but watch it every year. It’s been on my bucket list to go some day. When my team is there.

I’m a Texas Longhorn. They have a good chance of making it also. Will know by Monday. But even if they make it to Omaha, I can’t attend this year due to a conflict.

I hope you go. I’d love to hear about your experience if you do. Good luck to your team whoever they are.

Attachments

• Hint.PNG
    Hint.PNG
    5.1 KB · Views: 156
Haha. Well, good luck to the Heels. Unless they play Texas.

That Rewahoo guy is sneaky...

Here's a hint:

ruh roh. Oregon State fan here. You may not want to see us again. Beavers are rolling. Now watch them go quiet...

I went in 2013. Was planning on leaving Oregon after a evening meeting and high balling in to Omaha. 25 hours straight through. Mrs got sick that night and went to ER. She was released about 3:00 am. She was OK. I got a couple hours sleep and grabbed our boy (17 at the time) and took off. We had no margin for error time wise. Boy & I traded off driving. I pulled over in Wyoming and slept trucker style on an on ramp for and hour.

We missed about an inning and a half. Beavers were in the loser side. They lost that night. so they were out. Miss State took us out. We booked a room while driving. Nothing special. Tickets we got off a OS message board. Picked up at will call and walked in.

I would try to sit in the Grandstand. The outfield looked hot. Very hot. There are plaques throughout the concourse that I wish I had more time to look at. There is a big celebration area with vendors and such out front. Pretty fun. Pro tip. If you wait until your team loses the price for shirts gets cut 50% and more.

I wish I had gone to the old stadium (Rosenblatt) TD Ameritrade is pretty corporate. We took several pictures in front of the statues.

we took a couple hours the next day out front then went home

I've been, but it was about 40 years ago, and we drove up for the evening as it was only an hour away. So I don't have much current info, except that I do get back to that area once or twice a year.

The airport has a lot of construction, and rental cars are in a temporary place. Not really different from a bigger airport where you take shuttles, but it was disappointing to me that I could no longer just walk over to the garage. And you may not be able to quite use Google Maps to get you back to rental cars, and have to follow signs instead. My GPS in general got confused as to whether I was on the main road or the rental car space parallel to it but I knew where I was going and ignored it. Also, airport security can be very slow, especially first thing in the morning.

Check out Henry Dorley zoo while you're there, it's very good.

We went twice once to old Rosenblatt which was a cool experience. All the houses on the street next to the stadium turned into venders overnight. It had a home town feel. Now it is corporate but still fun and worth it. Get your hotel Now! We went with my son’s baseball team and played tournaments in the area. Years later.Now he played this year in the NCAA Div II regionals in CA which was a lot of fun to watch and wouldn’t have been able to if I didn’t retire.Priceless! His best friend who plays for Auburn plays in the super regional today. Go Tigers!

I too am a Beaver fan. Here's a secret. SHHHHHH

If you think your team is going to make it to the finals, plan to head in after the first couple of days. There are a ton of people who give up their rooms (after losing) and have cheap tickets. Have had friends that took advantage of this and had a great time.

OP here, WHOOPEE , my UNC Tar Heels are on their way to the World Series. DH and I are trying to figure out our trip to Omaha. To go for the entire 2 weeks of the World Series might be too much for us so we need to figure out what portion to go to. UNC plays Oregon State the first game so that will be a big game.

OP here, WHOOPEE , my UNC Tar Heels are on their way to the World Series. DH and I are trying to figure out our trip to Omaha. To go for the entire 2 weeks of the World Series might be too much for us so we need to figure out what portion to go to. UNC plays Oregon State the first game so that will be a big game.

Congrats. They’re all big games in Omaha.

wait! Are you reverse jinxing the Beavers:confused: Beaver game just started. Very clever

I'd go early and adjust from there. You never know how or when you get a few breaks go the wrong way & you are out. t's pretty sweet to see your team there

OP here, I just assumed Oregon State had already won!!

well it's official now at 10:40 pm West Coast time. Beavs win w 1 in the 8th & 3 in the top of the 9th to win 6-3

Beavers vs Tarheels in Omaha

very exciting game as Minnesota was all in on this game. They played well and played the right way. They were solid on the fundamentals. They had a bunch of Freshman so will be solid the next few years

I went last year with my son as our school made the much anticipated trip.

Tips:

Tickets are tough unless you have a local connection or know a school alum that goes every year. We bought our tickets through Primesport. Easy to buy even last minute. Can watch prices etc. Your alumni ticket exchange is another place to get tickets.

We stayed out of town. Easy to drive in and far cheaper.

You want to avoid being down the first base line unless you want to be in the sun all game. We bought behind plate and 3rd base line.

Also the GA tickets are a crapshoot. There are more tickets sold than seats. So it's first come which generates stunningly long lines to get in. GA tickets are cheap for a reason.

Great atmosphere, friendly local fans, very hospitable. Lots of cool restaurants walkable near ball park. Locals are delighted you came: it is their Super Bowl every year. Loved the town but it is not someplace you get to by accident.

Interesting historic district downtown. We enjoyed walking the pedestrian bridge to Iowa.

Overall great time. Rosenblatt was better in some ways but they have done a good job creating a nice atmosphere around stadium.

I would suggest going early. Teams of destiny often lose. Don't want to miss your team!

As always, your results may vary! Enjoy!

Last edited:
My wife goes to many college baseball games. Not only does she have season tickets for her team, but she flies out to where my kids went to colleges and attends the games of those teams. Her team won the CWS one year, so I have all the T-shirts. Our daughter, the engineer, helped with designing a college baseball stadium, so add that team to her favorites, too.

Her tip: Stay in the hotel where the teams are staying. Then you get to talk to the players, coaches, trainers at breakfast and in the elevators. In Omaha though, she stays with my sister.

You would have to bring this up. Oregon State blew out my team and sent them home. Anyhow, I take solace that our HS baseball team just won Texas' 6A state championship, in fact they played as good as some college teams.

Well, my Horns live to fight again tomorrow.
SLCarrol is probably as good as some college teams. The school might even be bigger than some colleges.

Glued to the TV watching the super regionals. Tigers beat the Gators in a close game. Watching Vandy and MSU. The WS will be a lot of fun for those going.

My Miss State dogs get it done! An overachieving team. Probably won't make it very far in the series but glad they made it.

My Miss State dogs get it done! An overachieving team. Probably won't make it very far in the series but glad they made it.

It was a great game. I thought it would never end. Way past our bedtime. I would have liked to see the Fullerton vs Washington that was another barn burner. I think there are 3 elimination games today. My son’s an Aggie dang that Texas University. Lol.

Sounds like we have some happy campers with the Beavers, Tarheels and Dawgs. Like I stated in my previous post other son’s bud is on Auburn and he got drafted. Sweet! Go Tigers!

I've never followed college baseball closely, but was intrigued that my alma mater made it to the super-regionals for the first time ever, and if they win today will make it to Omaha for the first time since 1961. So I enjoyed watching Duke clobber Texas Tech yesterday. I have a feeling the Red Raiders will be mad as hornets about that today so I'm not too hopeful about today. Also the locals are excited about Texas having a chance as well for the first time in several years. I've actually found watching the games very enjoyable. I watched a lot of pro baseball until my 30s and now watch it very infrequently as, like pro basketball, it just wasn't interesting any more. Didn't realize college baseball, like basketball, is more fun to watch these days.

I've never followed college baseball closely, but was intrigued that my alma mater made it to the super-regionals for the first time ever, and if they win today will make it to Omaha for the first time since 1961. So I enjoyed watching Duke clobber Texas Tech yesterday. I have a feeling the Red Raiders will be mad as hornets about that today so I'm not too hopeful about today. Also the locals are excited about Texas having a chance as well for the first time in several years. I've actually found watching the games very enjoyable. I watched a lot of pro baseball until my 30s and now watch it very infrequently as, like pro basketball, it just wasn't interesting any more. Didn't realize college baseball, like basketball, is more fun to watch these days.

I like college baseball better than pro ball. But watch MLB Tonight to keep up to date. Also Harold Reynolds is from Corvallis. I watched one of his brothers play in High School. The thing about college ball is anything can happen. They are not as polished. The players are still developing. So it's fun to watch their progress over a couple years. Last night the Fullerton short stop made 2(!) errors in B10 to let the Huskies win. Next year he won't do that.

I prefer clean games but that was an exciting game

Back
Top Bottom