Could we work as a group...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Time2

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I've read a few problems on the group recently that would seem to be corrected with a group effort.
pb4's lack of attention from google maps jumps out first.
If we had an area, where 10 or 20 people or more were given just enough information to send an email, letter, or make a phone call about a specific problem, that we may be able to grease the wheel and make things happen.
Just a thought.
My first thought was get TD Ameritrade to remove the $95 fee to close your account. That really ticked my off. I have given them 10 times more negative advertising and I'm still not happy.:)

If someone starts a thread titled "TD Ameritrade [something bad]" on a popular forum like this, I suspect TD Ameritrade will notice. And just in case, they could be emailed and pointed to the thread. Something like "Dear TD: is it true what everyone is saying at [link], about a $95 fee to close an account, when [list of other firms] charge nothing?

BTW, true story, I was just thinking about how I hate TD bank today based on an experience years ago when I went in to inquire about a checking account or something and they didn't have a working phone number to give me. I got the woman's card with the non-working number and she said something like "yeah, there's a problem with the phones." Their locations are the most convenient but I wouldn't use them just based on that.

I just found where I posted about it.

https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f28/td-bank-phones-out-for-days-85388.html

Ironically, the fact that they have so many locations magnifies the bad things about them. It was initially a positive but then I started thinking the reason they could have so many locations may be that they skimp on other aspects of service. And now I'm hearing about the fee to close a trading account. I'm totally avoiding them.

Last edited:
I'm retired. I don't work for other people anymore.

If someone starts a thread titled "TD Ameritrade [something bad]" on a popular forum like this, I suspect TD Ameritrade will notice. And just in case, they could be emailed and pointed to the thread. Something like "Dear TD: is it true what everyone is saying at [link], about a $95 fee to close an account, when
[list of other firms] charge nothing?

BTW, true story, I was just thinking about how I hate TD bank today based on an experience years ago when I went in to inquire about a checking account or something and they didn't have a working phone number to give me. I got the woman's card with the non-working number and she said something like "yeah, there's a problem with the phones." Their locations are the most convenient but I wouldn't use them just based on that.

I just found where I posted about it.

https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f28/td-bank-phones-out-for-days-85388.html

Ironically, the fact that they have so many locations magnifies the bad things about them. It was initially a positive but then I started thinking the reason they could have so many locations may be that they skimp on other aspects of service. And now I'm hearing about the fee to close a trading account. I'm totally avoiding them.

I didn't mean that as a suggestion to work on TD Ameritrade, my problem with them was years ago. But I don't mind highlighting it so others are aware before they think about opening a TD account.

A few years ago I was having a problem with a nationwide vacation rental agency regarding a vacation home I rented. I posted my issue on this Forum and identified the agency. The next day I was contacted by the rental agency who had seen my post on this Forum and the agency apologized and asked what they could do to correct the situation. They were able to identify me from the details I posted and the location I mentioned. We reached a settlement. They asked that I remove my post on this Forum as part of the settlement. I refused to remove the post but I did report on the Forum that they corrected the problem. So big companies do search this Forum and take note.

I would think maybe they have a Google alert set, so anytime their name is mentioned they get an alert. I doubt big companies search this forum just to remediate problems.
Google could not set up an alert for the term Google, Google is mentioned so many times a day, they would need a new division just to read their alerts. Google, google, google.:)

EDIT: I set an alert for Google just for fun, my phone alerted me within 4 seconds with 18 alerts with Google named.

Last edited:
While the intention is positive, our community rules specifically point out this forum is not to be used to address commercial disputes. See here
Customer Disputes: This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to solely vent frustrations about services, products, vendors or sales. Please settle your differences with the seller, provider, manufacturer or dealer through other means but not through our community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom