Daily WORDLE - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first time needing 5 - so I'm 4,4,3,3,5 so far.

Had me sweating a bit, but after #4, I only had two blanks, and had eliminated all but 11 letters, so two more tries should not be too bad. There's only so many fits at that point. But if I totally missed on #5, hmmmm.... And I actually felt pretty confident on each try, they just seemed like good words, not a stretch.

Here's something I learned that I can keep generic to not be a spoiler:

In one guess, I had a letter that was yellow. My next guess word, I used that letter twice in the same word (different positions from the yellow of course). My thinking is, I could get lucky and the word was the answer, and if I got no additional hits, I now eliminated 3 positions for that letter, and I can make a list with that letter in only two positions, which should be pretty good visual.

What I learned was, the letter was only used once in the final word, it showed my double-test letter yellow once, and gray for the second occurrence. So that helped, as now knew the letter was used only once. I wasn't sure how they handled that.

-ERD50

Last edited:
Here's a challenge idea. Start with the previous day's answer. I'm going to try that tomorrow.

That def would make it harder, since they wouldn't be statistically geared towards common letters. At least on average - but you could get some lucky hits - hey, maybe the game is actually playing on this, and they chose a new word loosely based on the previous day? That would be devious! But I'd bet it is a random pick.

Got it in 2 today. I'm just choosing a different starter word everyday and it seems to be helping.

Wordle 216 2/6

⬜⬜��⬜⬜
����������

I don't see how a different word each day can help? It's like picking a different lottery number, or the same lottery number each day. Odds are the same.

-ERD50

Got it in 2 today. I'm just choosing a different starter word everyday and it seems to be helping.

Wordle 216 2/6

⬜⬜��⬜⬜
����������

Impressive! I had the same result as you for the first word, and got it in 4 tries. That was quite a leap for you to get it in two.

Got it in 4 today using the standard starter words I've been using.

I like the RB Challenge idea, to start with the previous day's word! I don't think I'm brave enough for that approach, though.

Wordle 216 4/6

⬜⬜⬜?⬜
?⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜?⬜
:confused:??

BTW, I'm offered "Paste" and "Paste as plain text" in Android. The plain text didn't work (changed to black diamonds). Repeated with just "Paste" and it worked. This is after pasting into a Google doc, selecting all, and copying out of that doc.

Last edited:
I’m happy to say I’ve done it 5, 4 and 3 rows these last 3 days. Fun game, I’m enjoying it.

Now… when the day comes (and it surely will), when I don’t get it in 6 tries, will it tell me what it is? Or just leave me wondering…

Got it in 4 today using the standard starter words I've been using.

I like the RB Challenge idea, to start with the previous day's word! I don't think I'm brave enough for that approach, though.

Wordle 216 4/6

⬜⬜⬜?⬜
?⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜?⬜
:confused:??

BTW, I'm offered "Paste" and "Paste as plain text" in Android. The plain text didn't work (changed to black diamonds). Repeated with just "Paste" and it worked. This is after pasting into a Google doc, selecting all, and copying out of that doc.

That's quite a leap from 3rd try to 4th try. Nicely done.

Yesterday I got the image of my results by clicking on the Share button on the game's website then pasting it in a Word.doc. Then using the Windows snipping tool to "cut" the image from the document and save it as a .jpg image. Finally, I upload the .jpg image to my post at ER.org. This method also works with Google.docs.

I got it in 3 today. I've decided to try and use a different starting word each day, just to keep it fresh.

I use a different word. I also discovered I've been playing the "hard" version of the game as part of my strategy, not because I set the game to play that way.

I hurried my third guess. Should have played out the permutations a bit more.

Wordle 012122.jpg

I’m happy to say I’ve done it 5, 4 and 3 rows these last 3 days. Fun game, I’m enjoying it.

Now… when the day comes (and it surely will), when I don’t get it in 6 tries, will it tell me what it is? Or just leave me wondering…

I tried it in a private window - it gives the answer at the end.

-ERD50

Here's a challenge idea. Start with the previous day's answer. I'm going to try that tomorrow.

I like the idea, too, but that would require my remembering yesterday's word each day! :D

Oddly enough, I chose a kinda random starting word today. Later, I decided I wanted even more Wordle in my life, and played a couple of games on a copycat site. One of the words turned out to be the random starting word I used on Wordle proper.
<Cue Twighlight Zone music :eek: >

If you don't get the word in 6 tries it will tell you the word at the top--don't ask me how I know:D

Got it in 3 today, my best so far. I don't have the game in "Hard" mode, but that is the way I have been playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
<Mod Note>

Just a reminder...ANYTHING that might even remotely hint at being a spoiler will be deleted from posts. Anything that might plant a seed to lean someone one way or the other...poof! Let everyone enjoy playing from a blank slate.

Of course, yes, I highly recommend we all avoid this thread each day until you have completed the game! But since many people are still new to this thread and the game, let's not be even a little coy about how we came up with the answers!

... I highly recommend we all avoid this thread each day until you have completed the game! But since many people are still new to this thread and the game, let's not be even a little coy about how we came up with the answers!
I avoid the thread until after I'm done. Safest bet. Never a dipthong disclosure (hehe, I said "dipthong").

Fun game, but I seem to be doing worse every day. I got it in 3 tries day one, then 4 tries day two and five tries today. I think that I need to get to bed earlier tonight.

That's quite a leap from 3rd try to 4th try. Nicely done.
Thanks! I was a bit surprised, but if you'd used the first three words I'd used, you'd have gotten it...lots of letters had been eliminated.

BTW, I think everyone knows, but if you want to run alternatives after the fact, you can open a private window and run it from scratch.

A few days ago I read about this new game. It is a word game that is very easy to understand. There is only one game a day and it takes only a few minutes. No advertising and no sign up. Just play it. I don't usually play this sort of thing but it is fun and you cannot become an addict as you only get one game a day. There is a fun article about the author here and the rules: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10367489/Taking-WORDLE-British-software-engineers-online-word-game-attracts-thousands.html

I play it on my PC. I understand there is an app for phones too. But beware some apps are not the original game of Wordle but rather they are copycats with some downsides (pay, advertising, etc.).

Today's game is here: https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/

Yes - I started playing about a week ago! It is fun!

I don't get it

I don't understand why having to use the clues you uncover is considered "hard mode". That's how you solve the thing.

I don't like word games. I don't do crosswords, scrabble or sukoku.

I like this game.

One shot per day. Addition and subtraction. A bit of strategy.

I think it is a healthy little thing to try with no pressure. Nice. DW and I do it independently and compare. Today I was a 5, she was a 3. Yesterday I was a 3, and she was a 5. No big deal. All in fun.

And the answer for today is... nah, I won't spoil ya'll. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom