Davos

imoldernu

Gone but not forgotten
This probably won't bring too much interest here, but for a broad look at the world economy of the future, a search for Axios articles on Davos should bring up the concerns of the world's most respected financial leaders. Right or wrong, the council is basically in agreement about the future of the international position of the major world economies, with a lead concern about the challenge of capitalism, and the projected growth of China.

Another major discussion concern was AI, and the effect on labor.

The subject should be in the news of many financial websites.

Last edited:
I understand it's a fabulous place to ski.
Beyond that, little interest for me.

IMO a conference for the folks who got the world into these messes in the first place.

But I skied there years ago and remember it as icy at the time. Good food though.

I thought it was in The Philippines.

Always nice the hear the perspective if others outside the US. Personally, I think going forward there is no doubt China will be the 800 pound gorilla in the room.

IMO a conference for the folks who got the world into these messes in the first place.

But I skied there years ago and remember it as icy at the time. Good food though.
Saw a movie with actor Clive Owen called The International which is very interesting. It talks about war being very profitable to the companies that supply arms to many countries that are continuing to be in conflict. The companies are also tied into the politicians and businessmen in their back pockets.

Three words explain 90% of what goes on in this world: "Follow the Money".

This does not reflect harshly on money, but just states the affairs of the world.

VW

Davos?

Wasn't he the evil genius behind the Daleks?

My former Megacorp employer has a presence there each year. In fact, I have an embroidered WEF stocking cap, scarf and gloves. That's about all I have to say about that.

It seems to be more of a conversation of how do we act like we're interested in helping others while keeping our own interests first.

It seems to be more of a conversation of how do we act like we're interested in helping others while keeping our own interests first.

Designed to keep the plebes 'plebeianing'. "Sit, Stay".

Over a decade ago I used to be a frequent watcher of CNBC and I always thought Davos was one of the most boring things they covered.

I knew of Davos, but never follow the news out of it.

Has the forum produced anything of consequence, does anyone know?

Back
Top Bottom