Did you return to past hobbies?

I got more into the hobbies I was already doing at retirement. But - I do have a bag of needlework waiting for me behind my couch ... someday.

I haven't fished since high school and took it up again when I retired last Spring. I also haven't been in a canoe or kayak since I was a teenager and took that back up too. I was heavily into woodworking 20+ years ago but slowly started doing it less and less. I'm starting to get back into that again but I don't enjoy it as much as I did so I'm not sure if it'll stick. We had an RV when our kids were in diapers but gave it up because it was a hassle. We've got a custom Class B on order.

Gardening--when younger, I was into flowers, our yard was one of the supplier for the church flowers on Sunday. Now, I have taken up gardening again, but the focus is more on edibles (not those kind!) :). Each year, we plant various veggies and berries. Some I have good luck with, many I don't. Still trying to figure out soil health, etc.
We have very heavy clay soil here, so lots of amendments needed for drainage, etc. Just started a few containers in the past couple years.

I would like to get into canning at some point in the future.

Back
Top Bottom