Dining Room?

I like Jack_Pine and Midpack's open plans. I found this one a while ago. I like the idea of the dining area open to living area/kitchen.

Attachments

• house plan.png
    house plan.png
    205.5 KB · Views: 28
FWIW We use our dining room (just the two of us) 2 or 3 times a week. Sunday breakfast too.

We typically use the dining room for holiday meals and any other time we have more than 4 people for dinner (once a month or so). With 4 people or less, we eat in the "breakfast nook" or at the island counter, which seats 3. However, with the big table, the dining room always has some craft project in progress, or a puzzle, etc. We also play a lot of board games in there. When the kids were at home, it's where homework was done. When we downsize, we'll go with the large open, great-room concept. But we'll still want a large table that will continue to be used in the same way.

My friend in Dallas introduced my to his 2 glance rooms. These were from LR and DR behind glass doors. All his meals and entertaining were done in the Great Room. But we could glance at the other rooms when passing.

I would say that house in the post directly above mine DOES have a dining room.
I would say Jack Pines floor plan doesnt...and I love it.

I would say that they both have dining areas (that are a subset of the open-floor plan great room) but that neither have a dining room.

Back
Top Bottom