Do you enjoy airports?

Oh yes, airports as a destination itself. :facepalm:

What they should build are more sleeping capsules, so that guests can stay overnight in more comfort, after dining at one of the wonderful restaurants, and shopping at duty-free shops. :duh:

Instead of spending the night like this after a visit, :rolleyes:

venice-airport.jpg

one can upgrade to this. :dance:

4dc4ca7da8625c209c9d6a2f46580de9.jpg

Last edited:
Oh yes, airports as a destination itself. :facepalm:

What they should build are more sleeping capsules, so that guests can stay overnight in more comfort, after dining at one of the wonderful restaurants, and shopping at duty-free shops. :duh:

Instead of spending the night like this after a visit, :rolleyes:

venice-airport.jpg

one can upgrade to this. :dance:

4dc4ca7da8625c209c9d6a2f46580de9.jpg

Is that you on the right?

One stands out for me, Chicago Midway. Because the food is good. Nut's on Clark for fresh popcorn and they have a sandwich shop that rocks too. And even the pre-made Italian subs in the bin are great.

Is that you on the right?

As you can see, I put on a mustache and sunglasses to protect my identity. :cool:

With the proliferation of smartphones that can take photos, one cannot let his guard down when in public spaces.

Last edited:
You people who love airports might want to check out the TWA hotel at the old terminal at JFK: https://www.twahotel.com/hotel/hotel

Kind of neat looking, really. I haven't checked prices, that would probably make it less neat. They also have a lounge inside an old airplane. Seats all still facing the same way. It looks awful.

One stands out for me, Chicago Midway. Because the food is good. Nut's on Clark for fresh popcorn and they have a sandwich shop that rocks too. And even the pre-made Italian subs in the bin are great.

My favorite is the Jet Blue terminal at JFK. They have a Tapa bar, a sushi bar, a cafeteria, and I love eating my way through there.

No, airports are holding pits and stressful. When possible and feasible, I try to buy direct flights, and always try to cut it close on the boarding ( no 2-hours-before-the -flight stuff usually, go for ~ 1 hr unless a huge airport).
I don't really get what's stressful about airports. Usually they're just overpriced shopping malls. It always amuses me to see liquor prices at duty free when it's cheaper just to buy it at a liquor store at home. I guess it would be stressful if you had to urgently defecate and the only available options are squat toilets!

I do try to plan my trips to fly different airlines and different airports. It's fun. Many of the big airports have free city tours (Singapore, Bangkok, Seoul, etc.)

No, airports are holding pits and stressful. When possible and feasible, I try to buy direct flights, and always try to cut it close on the boarding ( no 2-hours-before-the -flight stuff usually, go for ~ 1 hr unless a huge airport).
That doesn't work for international flights.

Back
Top Bottom