Do you remember where you were...

On 9/11 I was in my home office wondering why I wasn't getting any orders or tech support calls.

What/Where

Twin Towers - I was in Chicago, just got to work
Princess Di's death - it was my wedding day!
OJ Simpson verdict - on my lunch hour in NYC with collegues
Hurricane Katrina - my boyfriend was in N.O. on business
Ice Storm of '78 that hit Long Island - we were without power for 8 days
Oklahoma City Bombing - at work in NY
Columbine School shooting - at work in NY

There are probably others. I know I was watching the SF World Series game in '89 with friends in my college dorm when the big earthquake hit, etc.

kaudrey, that SF earthquake in 1989 sure brings back memories. We sold our house in Kalamazoo, MI and closed that day. Had everything packed for our move to Ft. Myers, FL and were in our travel trailer in an RV park in Grand Rapids. I was sitting there sipping on a gin and tonic watching the world series when the picture went out.
So much for that game. Two days later we left for Florida. Seems like yesterday. Thanks for the reminder.

When JFK assassinated I was in high school study hall
When the twin towers were hit I was in my Allergist's office and desperately trying to reach my son who lived in Manhattan .
When Princess Di died - We were watching it on the TV in disbelief since we were leaving for a vacation in London in a few days . That trip was unbelievable . We stayed at the Kensington Palace Hotel and had first row seats to history taking place .

Back
Top Bottom