Don't keep your money in your mattress

Ah, a person who has never experienced a Nor'easter or a state wide ice storm. :nonono:
Nor'easter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm laughing because in the Wiki you linked, I was living on Long Island during 3 of the "Notable nor'easters". In at least one of them ice from Long Island Sound almost came through the back sliding doors of my dwelling. I have also lived in Nebraska when things were shut down due to ice storms. I have also lived near the Alps with the same story. And to put it all in context, some of my favorite vacations have been to go backcountry wilderness ski-camping for a week or so at a time where you must take everything you will need in your backpack. Ever woken up in a tent that has collapsed because of an overnight snowfall of 8 feet?

As you have noted, in these major snowstorms you ain't going anywhere, so your cash is useless, thus why bother to have it? (Unless it is all one-dollar bills and you want to burn it to keep warm.)

I'm laughing because in the Wiki you linked, I was living on Long Island during 3 of the "Notable nor'easters". In at least one of them ice from Long Island Sound almost came through the back sliding doors of my dwelling. I have also lived in Nebraska when things were shut down due to ice storms. I have also lived near the Alps with the same story. And to put it all in context, some of my favorite vacations have been to go backcountry wilderness ski-camping for a week or so at a time where you must take everything you will need in your backpack. Ever woken up in a tent that has collapsed because of an overnight snowfall of 8 feet?

As you have noted, in these major snowstorms you ain't going anywhere, so your cash is useless, thus why bother to have it? (Unless it is all one-dollar bills and you want to burn it to keep warm.)
Oh boy - a veteran indeed.
I lived in Rockland County until 1976. I remember some wicked ice storms and lots of missed school as a kid.
And then there was the Blizzard of '66....:nonono:

Back
Top Bottom