DW Left for Work, Didn't Arrive

My "cell" phone is my only phone. I do not, however, feel compelled to answer every call... :whistle:

You should start a poll-- you'd be surprised.

I was being a bit facetious :)

I've noticed some interesting trends though. First, as a field tech for a county government I.T. department I am required to maintain my voice and data plans on my iPhone. I am reimbursed about $60 in exchange. Second, I find my self using email on my phone more than anything else, texting comes in second, actual voice communications dead last. Third, while I have a 200 text plan (per month) younger phone owners tend to have unlimited texting plans. My brother's stepson has gone through as many as 10,000 texts in a single month! :crazy: Fourth, I haven't had a traditional land line at home for years now, and that is a definite nationwide trend.

Here's another way to think about it......kids graduating from high school right now don't remember ever knowing someone who did NOT own a cell phone. They are becoming ubiquitous.

Here's another way to think about it......kids graduating from high school right now don't remember ever knowing someone who did NOT own a cell phone. They are becoming ubiquitous.
I've got a coworker who still has a really old phone on the nightstand of his guest room, and his kids call it the "cord phone."

Remember back when the different phone was cordless, not corded?

When I saw the title of this thread I thought DW had run off with a gigolo! :LOL:

I carry my phone turned on. I hope my friends and family will do the same. I want to be there is someone needs or wants me, and I want them to be there for me.

Of course I don't have a job, but when I did I would have been happy to have a cell phone because I didn't work for someplace that had to pay me; I had to do business to get paid. It changes your outlook.

Ha

DON'T DO THAT! I basically don't know you but my heart stopped when I read the subject. I should have known, I am glad you were joking as usual...

glad it turned out OK. I only have a company SmartPhone here in JP, but I have a prepaid for when we visit the states. The company phone is used mostly to keep up with email (you know, the un-necessary CYA emails that come from everywhere can be just as easily deleted during a taxi or train ride, as they can when getting back to the office), and it is fantastic to not have to hook up the computer (for 25 bucks a day) when in a hotel, just to keep up with email.

DW has an iPhone, but goofed and turned it on when we were travelling overseas once - with the automatic email on, and the bill for that few days was $900, even though she only turned it on to play a game (she has an unlimited plan here). Needless to say, she did not take the iphone on our recent vacation.

...but, back on topic, we always have the phone, on and charged, considering that our family is all too often spread far and wide among the continents and isles of the sea. It just contributes to peace of mind.

R

DW has an iPhone, but goofed and turned it on when we were travelling overseas once - with the automatic email on, and the bill for that few days was $900, even though she only turned it on to play a game (she has an unlimited plan here). Needless to say, she did not take the iphone on our recent vacation.

I ran into that w/ a regular AT&T Tilt phone - was using it in Mexico City for internet while the hotel internet was down. I got a call a week later from AT&T offering to temporarily, retroactively, switch me over to the international data roaming plan. Changed my bill from over $1000 to about $350.

While self employed when ever the phone rang either my boss, yes I still consider the person paying me a boss, would always call because he was in trouble or wanted something from me which is basically the same thing. I hated answering the phone.

Retired I rarely carry a cell phone and still cringe when it rings even though I know its family that calls. I use up about 5 % of my allotted time and forget to carry it with me. Maybe one day I'll get over it.

Although I rarely take DW for granted, it's always good to have a reminder to appreciate what you have. She feels bad about forgetting to mention the appointment.

Although I rarely take DW for granted, it's always good to have a reminder to appreciate what you have. She feels bad about forgetting to mention the appointment.

How did you know that she had not arrived at work on time?

Ha

I'm sure she does feel bad about not mentioning the appointment, but I'm sure she feels good about the concern and care you have for her. :)

There should be a lot more love like that all around.

How did you know that she had not arrived at work on time?

Ha

Her coworker called and asked where she was. The "boss" knew she'd be late, but didn't come in until later.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom