Ever get notified in the wrong language?

braumeister

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
I had a couple of little things on order from Apple, and they sent a notice this morning that they would be delivered today.

Oddly, one notification was in English and the other in Portuguese. That's fine with me, as I'm perfectly fluent in both, but why? There is nothing anywhere in Apple's system that shows a preference for Portuguese in my accounts.

I went poking around and found one place in System Preferences on my Mac that allowed German as well as English, but no mention of Portuguese.

This is not the first time this has happened; maybe the fourth or fifth time. Anyone else get this?

Attachments

• Language2.jpg
    Language2.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 15
Big brother, Apple, the Google and Mark Z all know everything about you, including your language capabilities. Looks like Apple slipped up and revealed a bit too much …

I get stuff in Spanish occasionally - in the mail, as spam voicemails and even spanish-only commericals when streaming music on pandora or spotify , even though I don't speak a word of Spanish, have never listened to any top 40, urban or latin music - I'm a C&W fan - lol. Not sure why I get these, unless they just figure everyone in certain regions of the U.S. automatically are bilingual and speak spanish now?

I get stuff in Spanish occasionally - in the mail, as spam voicemails and even spanish-only commericals when streaming music on pandora or spotify , even though I don't speak a word of Spanish, [...]

Me too, sometimes. I really don't mind because I can stumble through most of it and get the main idea, even though I never took Spanish in school so TBH my Spanish is abysmal. I regard such communications as an educational opportunity. :D

I love Google translate and use it as needed.

I look forward to my Facebook page turning into English (Pirate) on the 19th. Arrr!

Dish Network sends paper mailings to me a few times a month in Spanish begging me to resubscribe. I haven't subscribed in 10 years. The mailings are down to 2 or 3 every month (was 2 or 3 every week). Why are they in Spanish? Because I subscribed to their Spanish language package, which included all the English language channels I wanted, and it was about $10 cheaper than their regular lineup because it did not include ESPN. Great deal at the time for someone who didn't care for sports.

Back
Top Bottom