Fidelity free Turbotax offer

Had a phone call with a Fido advisor. We discussed a lot of things and it was really good as made the wife understand a lot more than she did before the call. He just barely touched on AUM and said wasn’t what we needed and would be more costly. Slightly surprised. The only annuities he discussed were the ones to hold for 3-10 years (MYGA?) so not a real sales pitch for anything. Asked about Turbo Tax and he said he didn’t even know about it. I told him he’ll probably go ask the boss after the call and he said yep. He wants to get in on it. I’m good with buying it from Amazon between Christmas and New Years.

Received the free offer ($5 for download like last year) a couple days ago.

Ours includes IRAs and we were the premium group after rolling my 401k into an Ira. Then after a few months went to PCG. We were on the border and then the bond market drop and we were back in the premium group. Then earlier this year went back into PCG. So I know they include our IRAs and HSA in total. Other than that don’t know the qualification for free TT but I think it also depends on higher cost products and services other than just index funds. Maybe also a secret handshake.

How does one know what group they are in?

Best indication is probably looking at the letterhead on your most recent PDF statement in your account......

Best indication is probably looking at the letterhead on your most recent PDF statement in your account......

Should be right at the top of your login page.

Attachments

• fido advisor.png
    fido advisor.png
    58 KB · Views: 8
DGF is Private Client although we don't confer with them. She last received the free TurboTax about 8 years ago although she has a couple $M invested at Fidelity. It ended about the same time we ended the Advisor relationship at Fidelity when they wanted to invest DGF in over 30 MF to diversify. It was a good trade off.

Agree.... I had an assigned advisor and got free TT for a couple of years. When they realized I wasn't going to let them manage my money for a % of AUM I lost my advisor and free TT. I would rather buy it myself than deal with the sales calls.

I have never had an advisor and I have received free TT for years.

I have never had an advisor and I have received free TT for years.

It always seems to be a big mystery who gets it and who doesn't. The Fidelity/Turbo Tax thread pops up every year. My account type is listed as "Fidelity Premium Services". I even called them the first year I didn't get it and they couldn't or wouldn't tell me what the requirements were to get it.

Agree.... I had an assigned advisor and got free TT for a couple of years. When they realized I wasn't going to let them manage my money for a % of AUM I lost my advisor and free TT. I would rather buy it myself than deal with the sales calls.

If that's the case, then I'd rather just buy myself too. The free TT would be like the free dinners in exchange for listening to a sales pitch. Question then becomes who is the sucker? :(

If that's the case, then I'd rather just buy myself too. The free TT would be like the free dinners in exchange for listening to a sales pitch. Question then becomes who is the sucker?

I've never had a sales pitch from Fidelity and I still get the free TT. They did assign an advisor some years ago but we never used him and his name was apparently withdrawn a couple years ago.

Well, maybe just to add confusion...

- I've been PCG for over a decade
- PCG status is indicated at the top right of the main landing page after login
- in 2015, I asked for and received a PCG adviser
- adviser's name appeared alongside PCG status on main page
- we had several conversations in 2015 and 2016 (no sales, just basic advice)
- the adviser changed to a different person around 2017
- had very little interaction with new adviser (occasional email)
- never asked, but received TT Premier free 2015 - 2021 (7 years)
- in 2022, the adviser's name disappeared from my login, though still PCG
- no free TT Premiere in 2022 or 2023 (so far)

I've never had a sales pitch from Fidelity and I still get the free TT. They did assign an advisor some years ago but we never used him and his name was apparently withdrawn a couple years ago.

Same here.

You do have to have an assigned advisor (few exceptions), but that doesn’t mean you have to have managed assets for a fee.

We lost our free TT years ago probably related to moving around. A few years later a new advisor adopted us and the perk returned.

DGF is designated a PCG customer but does not have an assigned advisor these days. We used to get a carousel of different advisors as the assignment changed frequently but we quickly learned to ignore the messages which were mainly requests to set up a meeting. Apparently Fidelity got the message and removed the assignment and the calls have slowed significantly these days.

We are not sure what the requirements are for the free Turbotax but it if involves putting up with advisor calls, we are out.

I do not have an assigned advisor and haven’t had one for years.
My account type is Fidelity Active Trader VIP which was a step up from private client group. For assistance it says “ contact your team” When I call which is rare, I get someone right away.
I guess I am an active trader because I buy a lot of bonds and do regular bi weekly investments in several accounts.

Does the Fidelity Turbo Tax Deluxe automatically download our Fido EOY summaries for Interest, Dividends and Cap Gains ?

Or is there an extra step required, to 'tag' these items for download ??

Just Curious.

Does the Fidelity Turbo Tax Deluxe automatically download our Fido EOY summaries for Interest, Dividends and Cap Gains ?

Or is there an extra step required, to 'tag' these items for download ??

Just Curious.

If you choose to download TurboTax will download all tax forms.

Been Private Client and have had the same Advisor for years. Just met with him a couple of months ago.

No TurboTax.

Private Client here. Free TurboTax offer popped up on my home page a few days ago.

Count me in the unfortunate group that used to get the deal but hasn't for a last couple of years. Woe is me (not really).

It didn’t bug me much. We used TurboTax Deluxe, bought at discount. But sure I’ll take Premier for $5.

Life's great unknowns:
Where is the market headed?
When should I take SS?
Who gets free TT from Fidelity?

Back
Top Bottom