FIREd today. Thanks!

Congratulations!!!!!
I am so happy for you.....time to drink coffee and watch the neighbors run off to the rat race!
All of you give me a lot of inspiration....12.5 years to go!!!!

Thanks to all for your good wishes and congratulations.

We have just spent the 1st 3 days with friends and family doing nothing (except enjoying their company and laughing a lot). I plan to spend the next 4 days with more family and continue the celebration of life. Then me and DW are going off for 2 months to decompress and do a lot more nothing (actually selected 'nothings' of our choice in a place of our choice). After returning and taking care of some items, like annual physical, make sure my 'ciphering' was correct, and figuring out how to handle my taxes while we are out of country, we will go off on an extended 'nothing' for about 6 months or so (more familiy and friends and some travel added in for good measure).

We will come back to become reacquainted with our 'home' friends and family and then wash, rinse, and repeat. ...

Did I mention that Life is Good?

I hope no one thinks I am bragging ... I am still high from this FIRE thing.:angel:

Thanks again to all of you.

Re: FIREd today

megacorp-firee,

You're not bragging... just inspiring all of us guys that hope to join you soon. Congrats!

Way to go!! I've been out of the race for 6 months now, and one of the best things about it is that I no longer have that sinking feeling on Sunday evenings knowing that tomorrow is Monday. If you're like me, soon you'll have to check the newspaper to find out what day it is. Enjoy!!

Way to go!! I've been out of the race for 6 months now, and one of the best things about it is that I no longer have that sinking feeling on Sunday evenings knowing that tomorrow is Monday. If you're like me, soon you'll have to check the newspaper to find out what day it is. Enjoy!!
I think they need to make watches that have the days of the week on them for us FIREes. Not that I really care what day it is anymore, ... but you'd hate to miss the Wednesday night poker game ... :2funny:
... I guess I'll have to keep my newspaper subscription then :D:D:D

Hey, it's not bragging if you've [-]worked your a$$ets off for[/-] earned it.

I think they need to make watches that have the days of the week on them for us FIREes. Not that I really care what day it is anymore, ... but you'd hate to miss the Wednesday night poker game ... :2funny:
... I guess I'll have to keep my newspaper subscription then :D:D:D
Oh, please, now that you're a member of the club you'll save a lot of subscription money by purchasing one of these!

Attachments

• Dayclock_big.jpg
    Dayclock_big.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 105
Hey, it's not bragging if you've [-]worked your a$$ets off for[/-] earned it.
Oh, please, now that you're a member of the club you'll save a lot of subscription money by purchasing one of these!
THIS IS THE ONE! Thanks Nords.

Congratulations!!!!!!!! 30 years great run.

Woohooooo! You earned it... now it's time to enjoy. :D

Back
Top Bottom