Flam Norway

yakers

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Currently in Flam, wonderful train ride, beautiful fjord, tomorrow to Bergen. Actual sunny day after watching reports last week of big rain & flooding, feeling blessed, a ‘blow the dough’ trip but worth it.

I was recently in Bergen. The train ride from Bergen to Oslo is so magnificent. Didn’t have time to go to Flam but got to see some pretty impressive Fjords.

We took that Flam-Myrdal train ride two months ago.

Nice trip, but I have to say it was not as exciting as the Durango-Silverton train.

Last edited:
I’m thinking of doing that next summer. Did you stay overnight in Flam? What other things have you done in Norway?

We took a trip to Norway in 2016. Flew to Bergen and drove around from there, then flew to the Lofotens.
Veafjorden
Preikestolen
Reinebringen

Attachments

• IMG_0485BFB.jpg
    IMG_0485BFB.jpg
    627.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2420FB.jpg
    IMG_2420FB.jpg
    856.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2560FB.jpg
    IMG_2560FB.jpg
    551.3 KB · Views: 27
Is that you on the cliff?

Very beautiful!

I would love to make that trip! My roots are in Norway, Sweden and just across the Baltic Sea in the old Prussia area of Northern Germany. Ant tips on the best way to take that trip?

Am I the only one who thought "What problem does yakers have with Norway and what sort of expletive is 'flam'?" when first seeing this thread title? :cool:

Last edited:
By the way, I learned when there that Flåm is pronounced more like Flom than Flam.

I've done some aerobatics in an aircraft but I don't think I'd sit on the cliff. Wow. A picture for the ages.

I know that I would not sit on it. I would get dizzy and fall off.

I've taken the train a couple of times between Olso and Bergen (great ride, recommended!) and it usually stops for 5-10 minutes at Flam. Definitely a beautiful area. But I think all of Norway is beautiful and I love to visit anywhere there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom