Florida revisited...

I have a bit of trouble understanding the summer comments, so please help. We're in Florida yearly in August. Yes it will hit the 90's, possibly stay there.
But, is it that much different than anywhere else in August? I know here in Cincy, it will be in the 90's and humid. All areas around here the same. Just seems that the difference in weather in the winter, makes up for the minimal/if any difference in the summer.

I'm wondering the same thing. It gets hot here in Louisville in the summer. My wife doesn't want to go out for a walk if it's hotter than about 82 degrees. If we move to Florida, she'll be inside in the AC all summer the same as now anyway. She's mentioned wanting to move to Virginia or North Carolina instead of Florida. I suspect the summers there aren't much more comfortable than northern Florida. Guess we'll have to visit both areas in the summer and find out.

The difference at least in Central west Florida is that summer lasts around 6-7 months using >85 degrees as the barometer, with 4 of those months being humid.
Northern Florida, the summers last around 4-5 months.
One really has to understand the heat here before moving on down.
Today for example, it is 90 degrees here, although that is close to the record for Oct 30th.
There are ~30 days a year when the high for the day is less than 70 degrees.

I would assume there is a reason they go there.
That's because no matter where you live, and no matter how nice it is to live there, there is an inherent desire for many to go somewhere else for vacation and a change of scenery.

We had big plans of moving from Northern Ohio to Ky/Tenn border area, and sharing a big (100 acres) with my BIL who currently lives in SE Florida. I hate the Winters here in Ohio because of the overcast, windy, freezing days that are constantly throwing some sort of precipitation at your face.

I have found an appreciation for hot days in my area (i'm still able to work outside a bit) while in shorts, and a t-shirt without bundling up. Florida would be a nice place to visit for January/February, but the traffic/stupidity would drive me nuts.

I think we have decided to fix up the 10 acre farm we already own (mortgage free) and live in NW Ohio for another 25 years, and be able to visit warm places in the Winter (Jamacia x3 so far).

This is our best time of year in NeFla, currently 74*F, not quite beach weather but pleasant nevertheless.

Whatever, or whoever they are, I am sure IOWA has a few of them... LOL

I mean the leg humpers from one state north that invaded your state this past weekend.....

Attachments

• buffettjpg.jpg
    buffettjpg.jpg
    364.4 KB · Views: 14
Back
Top Bottom