Good moving companies rated????

I guess I shouldnt have used all of those feminine pictures.

I prefer to avoid u-haul at all costs myself. But sometimes they're you're only option.

My favorite u-haul story is getting a truck from them and besides it being a huge piece of crap, noticing that it only had 3/4 of a tank of gas when I got 3 miles away. I picked up some furniture, doing about 10 miles total and then put 8 gallons of diesel in it to fill it.

Took it back and told the guy it wasnt full. "All of our trucks are filled, sir". We then had a brief discussion around gas mileage, where he admitted the truck gets about 8-10 miles per gallon...but he couldnt offer any solutions as to why I only went 10 miles and the truck needed 8 gallons other than "all of our trucks are filled, sir".

So no fanboy here... ::)

The UHaul places I am familiar with are franchises, staff quality varies. The equipment itself belongs to the corporation, based in AZ. The UHaul corporation has had financial problems which, I hear, have been resolved in the last year or two (they were on the verge of bankruptcy).

The franchisees are stuck with the vehicles in their area brought in by customers. I feel sorry for the franchisees, but I will make significant effort to avoid using their trucks. The effort expended to use another vendor depends on cost, safety concerns and criticality of schedule.

The franchisees are stuck with the vehicles in their area brought in by customers.
That excuse doesn't fly on Oahu; U-Haul trucks can't fit into the Long Beach Tunnel!

Good news! Small article titled, "U-Haul Safety Practices Found Wanting" in today's, 6/26/07, Wall Street Journal, page B5 right hand corner.
Uh...yeah...I'd consider having no side mirrors at all unsafe like I had when I rented a falling apart piece of crapola from U-Haul. Never again...and you can quote me on that one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom