Graduation Day!

scrinch

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Well, June 1 is not a big, formal graduation day, but it is the day our third and last child is promoted from elementary school. We've had at least one kid in elementary school continuously for the past 15 years :)o), and as of tomorrow that era is at an end. Our nest is only 1/3 empty so far, but as they get older we can start to see what it's going to be like. After the graduation ceremony I'm taking my son for his first round of golf, and then in July I'm taking him on a 10-day fishing trip to Baja California to celebrate and to try to stretch these mostly pre-pubescent days out. Goodness knows that during the teen years we'll need some bright spots to look back on!

Any more graduation milestones out there?

Last edited:
aaw - congratulations!

our daughter will be promoted to kindergarten this summer! that's a biggy for us.

the middle school years were certainly interesting for our son - so have fun and hold on to the kid as long as you can - then they turn "cool" and their hair gets contorted, along with their priorities!

Youngest son is graduation from high school on June 20th, also his birthday. He is off to college in the fall so this is a big change for him and for DW & I who will have to adjust to his abscence. Not such a big change when older son left. I do not know if we qualify as 'empty nesters' since younger son will be in college and still need a place to return to, store stuff, occasionally get fed & financially refreshed. But I expect the change will be at least as significant as retirement itself will be. His going off to school opens a lot of time for trips with DW who retired last year. And I expect to follow in the next year or so.

Changes, changes...

bright eyed said:
our daughter will be promoted to kindergarten this summer!
That is a biggy! She'll now be out of the house for 5-6 hours/day when she's probably been at home all day every day for the past 5 years! Maybe that will give you a breather.

yakers said:
Youngest son is graduation from high school on June 20th, also his birthday.
Congratulations (to him also)! Enjoy your newly regained freedom!

ha, no breather here, i think we will see her more since her preschool goes until 3pm and kindergarten ends around 130? haha

i've worked full time since she was 3 mths so poor baby has been schlepped to grandma's or prek since then!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom