Halloween Decorations Gone WILD!!

Qs Laptop

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Here's a house that's a couple blocks away from my house. Every year the owners of this house puts up a ridiculously elaborate amount of decorations. The placement of the decorations starts every Labor Day weekend. There is a guided path you walk on and encounter spook stations with various props that are meant to scare. The homeowner even supplies pamphlets to explain what you are seeing. I walked the path a couple of years ago and I admit it was fun.

Here's what it looks like in both day and night shots. The day shot was taken October 30th, the night shot was taken last night, on Halloween around 7:45 pm. Click on photos to enlarge.

Halloween-House-2022-DAY.jpg

Halloween-House-2022.jpg

I also have a video but I don't think ER allows videos to be posted directly to the forum.

Love it! There is a house similar here, a few neighborhoods away. So Fun to look at, but too much for me to put up and take down!
Glad others do it for peoples enjoyment.

Two houses in our neighborhood are dueling for the Most Halloween Decorations per square foot of yard space. No winner has been declared as of Tuesday AM.

One house has the new 15 foot tall goblin, not a blow up toy.....but some sort of collapsible framework inside. He's also got a huge dragon, I haven't seen this thing at night but I'm sure it has red eyes and breathes out propane-fueled fire !!

The other contender has a full-blown graveyard scene in front of his porch, massive spider webs up to his roof, and a motion-activated pop up 5-foot tall spider along the driveway.....I'm certain that many kids and maybe some parents had heart attacks last night. This homeowner works at Lowe's Home Store so he probably gets an Employee Discount on all this rummage. I don't know where he stores it the other 11 months of the year.

Last edited:
My favorite is quite simple - not at all flashy but indicates a lot of work and dedication. There is a lady in the neighborhood who hand paints or forms "themed" displays for every possible holiday, season, or even local event (think Honolulu Marathon - that happens to go right past her house.) She always has a display - 365.

She has a large tree out front located in her parkway by the street. For halloween, she hand painted about half a dozen intricate jack-o-lanterns on a single sheet of fabric and attached it to the tree. It's visible to all who pass by. We actually saw her working on it and waved to her in appreciation. Simple, elegant, not flashy, inspired. YMMV

My favorite was a guy at work who somehow obtained a used coffin (I didn't ask where or how he got it) and placed that near his front door. He kept the lid cracked so he could see when someone approached and when they did the interior lighted up, the lid opened, and "Dracula" sat up.

It got a respectable amount of screams.

Long ago, as I took the kids around trick or treating one neighbor had a LOT of dummies/statues, headstones, bones in the yard.

As kids go up to the door, one of the dummies of a gorilla, stepped forward to them growling. Lots of screams !! :D

Long ago, as I took the kids around trick or treating one neighbor had a LOT of dummies/statues, headstones, bones in the yard.

As kids go up to the door, one of the dummies of a gorilla, stepped forward to them growling. Lots of screams !! :D

Reminds me of a fun house at Old Chicago Amusement Park in Bolingbrook IL years ago. It had a tram with maybe room for 8 people. As the ride began, there were the usual witches and goblins jumping out at you, but they were all mechanical. After you got used to that, you came to an area with similar "characters" which suddenly jumped up and ran at you with ghoulish fingers reaching for you. I wonder how many of the live actors were harmed when folks scared out of their minds tried to fight off the "attackers." I understand Old Chicago lasted fewer than 5 years. Too bad. It was all inside and quite a nice change from other amusement parks (either rainy, cold, hot, too sunny, etc.)

Great photos. Thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom