henderson, nevada

jolin

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi there!! Is there anyone who knows about Henderson? Specifically, how is the air quality? Is there anyone on this forum, with bad allergies, who got better after moving to that area? We know about the heat of course, but a friend's co-worker mentioned about smog problems there. Thank you for any info!

jol

Have visited a bit. Like it more than LV. Decent local shopping & restaurants and shops and of course near LV. Too hot in the summer for me. Too dry. But as its know for that its just not my choice personally.

rewahoo - thanks for that interesting site. too bad H was included with LV air quality. hard to figure out.

yakers - the plan was to skip town for 3 months from July on and come back.
i remember going there many years back for a quick visit around fall and it was quite nice. never thought of moving there until recently.

I used to live there. By including Henderson in LV's air quality rating they did it a favor.  There is what is known there to the locals as "The Henderson Cloud" . Literally a black cloud that hangs over the city in the cold weather months.  That area was one of the few "normal"places I had lived as an adult (Not the Alaskan outback or Overseas) that I could include in a list of places to retire to that I already knew about.  It was nixed immediately

Well, the Henderson Cloud isn't as bad as it used to be. That said, overall air quality is much worse (this from a Las Vegas resident who's looking to move out within the next year or so).

It used to be that Las Vegas/Henderson was great for people with allergies - desert plants, low pollen, etc. But then, about 20-odd years ago, people started moving here in droves, and many of them added non-native plants to their yards. This has resulted in far higher pollen counts than anything I remember as a kid growing up here. (One year, CNN was full of "extremely high pollen counts of 2000 or more" in Atlanta and other parts of the south; Las Vegas's counts were five times that.)

As many good things as there are about the area, I can't recommend it. On the other hand, you might look at Boulder City. BC is further south than Henderson, and they actually are managing their growth.

Thanks, Razz and Peggy. It does not look promising for my husband, at least. He has bad allergies (to pollen) and was hoping that H will give him relief. Oh well...
We are checking out other desert places.

Back
Top Bottom