How do you use a Fidelity Investment Center?

My only complaint so far is my FIDO consultant is too busy to return calls and emails. On the positive side, I don't have to worry about him cold calling me with some great investment.

We’re been with FIDO for 9 years. I learned early on not to expect a return call from our “consultant” anytime soon, if at all, following my leaving a voicemail asking for a callback. Just as well. Once the IRA’s were set up and funds successfully moved from
Smith-Blarney, I’ve had no reason to call her again. As it’s our nearest office and right on the way to DD’s house, I’ve popped in a few times with a quick question for the front desk guys and grabbed a coffee in the process. I’ve never had a call from anyone in that office for the last 8+ yrs and that’s fine with me.

Oddly, though, I did stop in to a different FIDO office on the other side of town a few years ago. A quick question and they were close by. But even though I told them that I normally use my regular nearby office, darned if they didn’t start cold-calling me and leaving voicemails. Took me a couple of years before they stopped and I still get the odd email. More interesting is that, at some point, their manager began appearing as my rep when I log into my Fidelity account. Not that I care once the phone calls stopped. And my local office? Still crickets. Just the way I like it.

We meet with our free advisor there about twice a year. May reduce frequency at some point but they are helping us decide which cash flow streams to use when. Our advisor has had some really helpful advice, including suggesting we source the cash for an investment outside of Fido from our portfolio with Fidelity rather than from our IRA which is not with Fido. I’ve been impressed so far, and to date all emails and calls have been answered timely with no sales pitches of any kind.

My PC rep help me change annuities for a cheaper one... I was sold one when I was a few years out of school from an Edwards rep.

FIDO also had a estate planning lawyer on staff that you could talk to to understand option in planning and the issues and benefits of your planning choices. No they won't do your documents, but you can come in with a better idea of what you want to do.

Been to our local office a couple times, to get another pair of eyes evaluating our readiness for retirement. This resulted in walking through the Fido RIP tool in a face to face setting.

No epiphanies. Just nice to have confirmation of our situation.

Been to our local office a couple times, to get another pair of eyes evaluating our readiness for retirement. This resulted in walking through the Fido RIP tool in a face to face setting.

No epiphanies. Just nice to have confirmation of our situation.

My first visit to meet with my AE was in March of 2008. She entered my ER budget into Fido's RIP program and gave me the green light to continue pursuing ER. I didn't know about this website at the time, so it was nice to have another pair of eyes reviewing my plan. She wasn't the same AE as the one who handled my big transition into ER with those 2 big checks 8 months later.

Back
Top Bottom